Turn on thread page Beta

Personality watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How important is personality?
    I'm a guy and it's all about personality!
    2.91%
    I'm a girl and it's all about personality!
    3.27%
    I'm a guy and personality is most important, but looks matter somewhat :grin:
    21.45%
    I'm a girl and personality is most important, but looks matter somewhat :grin:
    33.82%
    I'm a guy and personality matters as much as looks
    17.09%
    I'm a girl and personality matters as much as looks
    12.36%
    I'm a guy and personality counts, but it's mostly about looks :sexface:
    3.27%
    I'm a girl and personality counts, but it's mostly about looks :sexface:
    1.82%
    I'm a guy. Boobs plz :coma: :dice:
    1.82%
    I'm a girl. Guns / pecs / 6 pack / adams apple plz :coma: :dice:
    0.73%
    I am asexual and do not feel attraction to people, heterosexually or homosexually. :indiff:
    1.45%

ReputationRep:
    I used to think it was more personality, but it's pretty equal I think. However, I'm really not picky when it comes to guys, so loads of different looking guys come under my 'good-looking' criteria.

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Hahaha nice. I wasn't thinking of boring actually, I was thinking of my flatmate that is quite bigoted and the complete opposite of me, and most trips out anywhere end up with him shushing me, or one of us ditching the other. Although I suppose obviously a 'dating' relationship that flawed would never even get off the ground.

Or did you mean your nightmare would be someone like me picking over everything? :p:
    Lol, sounds like a great guy :p:

I don't get what you mean with your second statement :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    You can only fall in love with the personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frogout)
    What the **** is :dice:? That's literally vile.

Anyway, I'm usually massively on the side of personality with my choices in guys. I'm glad, though, that my boyfriend has the whole package. :suith:
    Better then :france: tbqpfh, and stop being all sensitive on facebook, thanks.

:france:

ReputationRep:
    I just don't want ********s to get on my profile, thanks.
    It was on seanisonfire's profile fyi.

And I was joking to try and create conversation. I forget how sensitive you are .

ReputationRep:
    I'd say its 50/50 you can't have one without the other you need a balance of both to feel attracted to someone. I have some amazing guy friends who I love to bits personality wise, but just am not physically attracted to. There are so guys who are fit who I wouldn't touch with a barge pole because they are complete *****. I just prefer an equal measure of the two!

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you clicked on my profile in order to see my picture? And I don't know, I did assume that by deleting me from facebook you would not be trying to make conversation and were just firing nasty comments at me. Dev'd.
    I deleted so so so many people. Don't think you're special doll.

ReputationRep:
    Personality over looks. Looks fade as the person ages, personality doesnt

ReputationRep:
    I find personality important but..honestly.. looks do matter slightly more

if I meet a nice guy, I'll be friends, I don't see how JUST personality can work sexually.. so call me vain or whatever but I guess I'm more physical then mental.

What the **** is :dice:? That's literally vile.

Anyway, I'm usually massively on the side of personality with my choices in guys. I'm glad, though, that my boyfriend has the whole package. :suith:
    It's only a person playing with dice

(Original post by -XxX-)
    Personality over looks. Looks fade as the person ages, personality doesnt
    Are you sure about this? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Deff0 think that.

Anyway, my final comment on this shall be that stupid knobheads from the internet insulting me (especially when they don't have a leg to stand on?) was not something I wished to have involved in my life any more. You'd think that not having someone as a friend would do that, but sometimes further measures are needed.
    Yes miss. I love you miss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Are you sure about this? :p:
    well usually at least. Peoples personality is more likely to stay the same, their looks definately wont so theres not much point going just for looks

EDIT: how come a sig only come up sometimes? *thats was off topic...*

ReputationRep:
    Lol, sounds like a great guy :p:

I don't get what you mean with your second statement :unsure:
    What I first posted, and then you replied saying 'that would be my nightmare scenario', I wasn't sure if you were implying that my reaction ('Why did you say that' etc) would be your nightmare. Never mind *pats head*

(Original post by -XxX-)
    well usually at least. Peoples personality is more likely to stay the same, their looks definitely wont so theres not much point going just for looks

EDIT: how come a sig only come up sometimes? *thats was off topic...*
    I disagree. People change massively over the years.

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    What I first posted, and then you replied saying 'that would be my nightmare scenario', I wasn't sure if you implying that my reaction ('Why did you say that' etc) would be your nightmare. Never mind *pats head*
    Ahahah :rofl2: Pats head :hmmm: shup, you're 18, you're virtually a pensioner :hahaha:

No i get it now. No, it wasn't your reaction that was a nightmare scenario, although me and one of my best friends are virtually in the same boat, and it isn't exactly pleasant to constantly be at odds with someone you're supposed to like.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah okay whatever bye :indiff:
    You used to be fun and cool and I could tease you without you being upset .

ReputationRep:
    I used to believe all that crap about liking people for who they are "inside". I no longer do. If you are 50 then yes, your personality matters. If you are 20, then it really, REALLY doesn't. You can just pretend to have a "nice" personality or whatever (it's extremely easy for most people) and if you also look good then you can have anything. On the other hand, you can not pretend to look nice so nobody will care if you have a "warm" personality or whatever. Looks attract people not personality. Unless ofc we're talking about platonic relationships. In which case, personality wins.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. People change massively over the years.
    they do but that initial part of their personality that attracts you is still there.

(Original post by -XxX-)
    they do but that initial part of their personality that attracts you is still there.
    Seems like a massive overgeneralization. And if this was the case, why do most marriages / long term relationships not survive past ten years?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and personality is most important, but looks matter somewhat.
    :sexface:

100% personality... looks are a plus, I guess :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.