Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Personality watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How important is personality?
    I'm a guy and it's all about personality!
    2.91%
    I'm a girl and it's all about personality!
    3.27%
    I'm a guy and personality is most important, but looks matter somewhat :grin:
    21.45%
    I'm a girl and personality is most important, but looks matter somewhat :grin:
    33.82%
    I'm a guy and personality matters as much as looks
    17.09%
    I'm a girl and personality matters as much as looks
    12.36%
    I'm a guy and personality counts, but it's mostly about looks :sexface:
    3.27%
    I'm a girl and personality counts, but it's mostly about looks :sexface:
    1.82%
    I'm a guy. Boobs plz :coma: :dice:
    1.82%
    I'm a girl. Guns / pecs / 6 pack / adams apple plz :coma: :dice:
    0.73%
    I am asexual and do not feel attraction to people, heterosexually or homosexually. :indiff:
    1.45%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Seems like a massive overgeneralization. And if this was the case, why do most marriages / long term relationships not survive past ten years?
    Because people get bored and used to the same personality every day after day after day after day and it is no longer fresh and new and it just becomes stale and ****.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a massive overgeneralization. And if this was the case, why do most marriages / long term relationships not survive past ten years?
    loads do
    Because people change. But the point is, their looks change more.

(Original post by Starless Eyes)
    I'm a girl and personality is most important, but looks matter somewhat.
    :sexface:
    Why?

(Original post by reems23)
    Because people get bored and used to the same personality every day after day after day after day and it is no longer fresh and new and it just becomes stale and ****.
    Indeed. After that it's effort :coma:

(Original post by -XxX-)
    loads do
    Because people change. But the point is, their looks change more.
    Mmmaybbbeeee ... but not always :p:

(Original post by SomeStudent)
    100% personality... looks are a plus, I guess :dontknow:
    http://www.mushytime.com/blog/wp-con...nny_pictur.jpg
    Even him?

ReputationRep:
    Mmmaybbbeeee ... but not always :p:
    not always the other way either :p:

http://www.mushytime.com/blog/wp-con...nny_pictur.jpg
    Even him?
    heehee XD

ReputationRep:
    Personality comes first in my book, but looks don't hurt. :p:

ReputationRep:
    personality all the way; looks don't last forever, but a woman's personality does

ReputationRep:
    I've voted for 50:50, but it's not really a case of a ratio of importance because that would suggest that having either an extremely good personality or extremely good looks would be enough if you were mediocre in the other, which isn't true. I'm only going to be romantically interested in a girl who I feel that I enjoy talking to and can connect with on a significant level, but I'm also only going to be interested in a girl who I find physically attractive - it's a case of two conditions being met. A great personality and no looks suggests someone I'll like as a friend, and great looks with no personality suggests someone I might lust after but never have a serious interest in.

ReputationRep:
    i'm a girl and though i may be attracted to a cute guy, if he hasn't got a sense of humour.. it's a no go!
    i voted 50:50
    if a guy hasn't got a likeable personality then it's a lost cause..

ReputationRep:
    Very interesting poll results

Edit: tbf this is pretty much as expected.

ReputationRep:
    Wow look pretty much equal. HOW SURPRISING.

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Because girl's prefer (most) someone who cares and looks after them. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Personality,looks is a bonus.

I think the more intelligent the person the more they go for personality

I think I'm a little strange. I know lots of supposedly attractive girls and I genuinely have never cared one iota about them, romantically. I find it hard to find people attractive without being drawn to who they are as people, and it happens so rarely that it's rare I find girls I'm very attracted to. So yeah. Personality FTW. I figure that because there was a girl who some might call ugly that I was very attracted to because I thought she was megacool, but I've met countless "hot" girls who I could just about get on with that didn't do anything for me.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Voted 50/50 got to have a mix :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think I'm a little strange. I know lots of supposedly attractive girls and I genuinely have never cared one iota about them, romantically. I find it hard to find people attractive without being drawn to who they are as people, and it happens so rarely that it's rare I find girls I'm very attracted to. So yeah. Personality FTW. I figure that because there was a girl who some might call ugly that I was very attracted to because I thought she was megacool, but I've met countless "hot" girls who I could just about get on with that didn't do anything for me.
    Well, you know what's rare?

Someone talking like you, and not being either a) fat/deformed or b) a social recluse/degenerate.

If you're not in high demand you should be.

ReputationRep:
    Personality first, then looks.

ReputationRep:
    Personality matters to me just as much looks.

ReputationRep:
    most girls say they look for a good personality and reasonable looks, however in 'real life' girls just want the bad guys, they contradict what they say and do.

(Original post by Starless Eyes)
    Because girl's prefer (most) someone who cares and looks after them. :cool:
    Surely a hot dumb guy could do that as much, or more (mindless devotion) than, a smart or interesting one? ':cool:'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.