Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, I need some help/suggestions. watch

ReputationRep:
    I was an idiot with my last girlfriend, I treated her badly and eventually finished things with her. A year later I have feelings for her again and she seems interested, what shall I do for Valentines Day to get back in her good books?

ReputationRep:
    to start with you could apologize for the way that you treated her in the first place.
    Do you know that she is actually interested ?because if so do what you would normally do for valentine's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    I was an idiot with my last girlfriend, I treated her badly and eventually finished things with her. A year later I have feelings for her again and she seems interested, what shall I do for Valentines Day to get back in her good books?
    Play her Comfortable (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5ZAF21IDc) or some other suitably sappy song and she'll be putty in your hands

(Whether putty was a mistype or not depends on how dirty your mind is :perv:)

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB_Sushi_Parisienne)
    to start with you could apologize for the way that you treated her in the first place.
    Do you know that she is actually interested ?because if so do what you would normally do for valentine's.
    Yeah she is interested, I just want to know if someone had been an idiot to you.. how would you want them to make it up to you? I have apologised loads.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know... i think if I was her and I had been treated badly by a guy, obviously i would want an apology face to face which you say you've done anyway... so thats alright. But for valenntines day, i wouldn't want the guy to go all out.. as it would seem a bit like they were trying too hard, maybe just a nice romantic meal- if you can cook, cook it yourself as guys don't realize how much girls appreciate when guys put effort in! It says a lot... buy her some flowers or whatever you think would be appropriate and then just spend a night together maybe talking a lot and sharing thoughts etc... to show that you're a changed person now so she feels way more inclined to stay with you... im no genius but thats what I would say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    Yeah she is interested, I just want to know if someone had been an idiot to you.. how would you want them to make it up to you? I have apologised loads.
    You say you've apologized which is good. If someone had been an idiot to me i wouldn't want them to go all out for valentines. I would want to spend some quite time with that person talking truthfully with them over a meal, (either take her out somewhere nice, or cook for her). DOn't go over the top though. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB_Sushi_Parisienne)
    You say you've apologized which is good. If someone had been an idiot to me i wouldn't want them to go all out for valentines. I would want to spend some quite time with that person talking truthfully with them over a meal, (either take her out somewhere nice, or cook for her). DOn't go over the top though. x
    Thank you, I hope it goes well!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Write her a letter telling her that you were a **** before but now things are going to change etc etc make it really sweet and romantic (but not sickly), bunch of red roses (nice ones!) and take her out for a meal and chat about everything x

ReputationRep:
    Well i would really appreciate it if a guy took me where i wanted to go, asked me what i wanted to do etc. Ya know, not one that is possessive expecially after he had treated me badly. Don't apologize toooo much as it may seem desperate! But yeah, make it clear to her that you will never do it again, say stuff that you mean which is also comforting. But perhaps cook dinner at home? Make it all romantic or take her to a lovely restaurant

Sorry it's long lol...hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    Well actions do speak louder than words, so like the person above says, have a meal so that the two of you can talk, then maybe take a walk and go swimming in the sea or lake or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelic)
    maybe take a walk and go swimming in the sea or lake or something!
    In February?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woolcott)
    Play her Comfortable (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5ZAF21IDc) or some other suitably sappy song and she'll be putty in your hands

(Whether putty was a mistype or not depends on how dirty your mind is :perv:)

:ninja:
    Alternatively you could try what these guys did...

Why wait until Valentines day though? Go talk to her now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.