Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

toneing up legs? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I haven't been to the gym properly since Christmas but even before that I've had a bit of a issue with my thighs and legs. I'm a size ten but my legs are a bit bigger and keep getting bigger and I'm not sure how to get rid of the weight. I eat a healthy balanced diet, eat all my meals on time and run for general half an hour on the tread mill on HIIT workout then a steady speed work out. Don't seem to be seeing any results but I know the the fact that I haven't been to the gym properly due to exams and coursework deadlines that might have had an impact. Any hints tips to tone up my legs quickly and not have them as bulky?

ReputationRep:
    anyone ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveOrangeJuice)
    anyone ???
    This question gets asked a billion times everyday, which is probably why no one's answering. You can't spot-reduce. If you want slimmer legs you have to lose weight all over.

Use search. The amount of similar threads to this with good advice in should keep you busy for hours. Or just read Powerlifter's sticky at the top of the forum.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem. When I am at the gym I use the treadmill and those weights (forgot what they are called), you know the ones where you sit and your legs are pushing them either in or out.

Also I try to go jogging every morning for half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    Lipo.

ReputationRep:
    Squats
    Squats
    Squats

Oh and Squats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveOrangeJuice)
    I eat a healthy balanced diet, eat all my meals on time and run for general half an hour on the tread mill on HIIT workout then a steady speed work out. Don't seem to be seeing any results but I know the the fact that I haven't been to the gym properly due to exams and coursework deadlines that might have had an impact. Any hints tips to tone up my legs quickly and not have them as bulky?
    You do know HIIT stands for HIGH INTENSITY Interval training right?
    Unless you are a track star athelete if your doing 30 mins you are not doing HIIT you are using moderate intensity.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.