Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently got an interview invitation from Loghborough for this course (http://ime.lboro.ac.uk/) which is sponsored by a number of companies and includes industrial placement as an integral part of the course, and they said in the letter that I am going to have an interview with the "Industrial Consortium Panel". This really sounds a bit professional, does that mean it is going to be a formal interview?
    The Visit Day program has presentations and campus tours among other things, which makes it sound a bit informal, but this "Industrial Consortium Panel" bit got me worried.

Does anybody have an idea of what's going to be in the interview? Do I need to wear a suit or something? Are there any academic/technical questions I am going to be asked?

Thanks in forward

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am an international student doing a foundation course (Not Loughborough's foundation) in case that makes any difference.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Yeah-been there and done it. Don't be so worried as you sound as it's not that bad. My interview was unusual as I was the only one there. In the interview you have a presentation done by the guy you get interviewed by so it kind of relaxes you abit and then straight into questions. Just be honest, thats what I did and it seemed to work. Wear a suit though. I had two people interviewing me, a person from the consortium and someone from the Uni.
    Good Luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tryhard!)
    Hey,
    Yeah-been there and done it. Don't be so worried as you sound as it's not that bad. My interview was unusual as I was the only one there. In the interview you have a presentation done by the guy you get interviewed by so it kind of relaxes you abit and then straight into questions. Just be honest, thats what I did and it seemed to work. Wear a suit though. I had two people interviewing me, a person from the consortium and someone from the Uni.
    Good Luck x
    Thanks a lot
    Guess I'll have to buy a suit then, or is it not that necessary?

Also Do you recall any questions that weren't so straight-forward and got you thinking a bit or something from the current news/developments?
    Were you separately interviews by the two persons or you were interviewed by both at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was good to be smart. But it's up to you. The questions were really straight forward. None really got me thinking. Just why i thought I was good for the course, what I thought about myself etc.... They literally tell you everything about the course before your interview so no research is needed. They just want to know what kind of person you are that's all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tryhard!)
    I think it was good to be smart. But it's up to you. The questions were really straight forward. None really got me thinking. Just why i thought I was good for the course, what I thought about myself etc.... They literally tell you everything about the course before your interview so no research is needed. They just want to know what kind of person you are that's all!
    That's great.
    Thanks a lot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 28, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.