Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone kniw any good self-teaching books for the AQA A2 Spanish course? I've got two teachers teaching my course at school, one of whom is good, and the other of whom is frankly the worst teacher I've ever had (unfortunately the other good teacher got pregnant and they replaced her with this ****-head who's now staying for the whole of my A2 year :mad: ), and my Spanish is slowly starting to get worse despite the good teacher's best efforts.
    Not to have too much of a rant, but the guy makes really simple grammar mistakes, copies and pastes stuff straight from the internet and then claims he's put "loads of effort" into preparing the lesson and copies other stuff from the textbook without even knowing what it means! I sometimes really feel like slapping the guy seeing as complaining to the head of faculty's done me no good and when I called him an idiot I just received a two hour detention and he refused to answer anybody else's questions for the rest of the lesson (went into a huff the poor little dear).

Phew, short rant over, now, self-teaching books/CDs anyone? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing AQA French. Do you have access to Kerboodle? There's loads of sheets to help writing the essay in the textbook and all the listening exercises with transcripts if you get stuck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo_Foxtrot)
    I'm currently doing AQA French. Do you have access to Kerboodle? There's loads of sheets to help writing the essay in the textbook and all the listening exercises with transcripts if you get stuck.
    Nope, blocked by the school (I'm a boarder and don't go home very often which is what makes this kinda annoying). But I know what it is because the guy gives us 60 page handouts of pages and pages of transcripts and grammar stuff which was all covered last year anyway. So no access to the listening stuff, except for the transcripts

With the essay, I need to be able to mark it though or have someone mark it for me as otherwise I won't know if I'm making any progress...

ReputationRep:
    Can you not ask to get it unblocked? It's obviously a really useful resource!

I like to watch French films a lot. Foreign language DVDs are really cheap so maybe try watching those or try the internet? I bought a load of Amazon the other day... but they slang a lot. However my accent and fluency has actually improved!

ReputationRep:
    Can you not ask to get it unblocked? It's obviously a really useful resource!

I like to watch French films a lot. Foreign language DVDs are really cheap so maybe try watching those or try the internet? I bought a load of Amazon the other day... but they slang a lot. However my accent and fluency has actually improved!
    Ok thanks I'll check Amazon out if it's not banned as well :p:

ReputationRep:
    And I thought my school was bad...

ReputationRep:
    And I thought my school was bad...
    :rofl: just be thankful it's not this bad!

ReputationRep:
    I am! But how on earth do you get on TSR?
    I can't.... even freaking Wikipedia is blocked! D:

ReputationRep:
    I am! But how on earth do you get on TSR?
    I can't.... even freaking Wikipedia is blocked! D:
    I'm pretty sure I'm one of the very few people at my school that uses it, so that's why it's not blocked. If it was like a major fad then they'd probably ban it, but for now they're willing to let it slide I reckon

ReputationRep:
    My school just blocks everything hahhaha D:
    I can't even use Naxos to listen to my Music additional works which I'm actually set as homework to listen to!
    BOF!

ReputationRep:
    Haha it sounds like you are complaining about your wife.

ReputationRep:
    My school just blocks everything hahhaha D:
    I can't even use Naxos to listen to my Music additional works which I'm actually set as homework to listen to!
    BOF!
    Wait (perhaps this is a stupid question), do you go to boarding school too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo1234)
    Wait (perhaps this is a stupid question), do you go to boarding school too?
    No, so not as much of an issue. Except Naxos has gone weird now and DOESN'T WORK AT HOME.
    I'm supposed to listen to Oepidus Rex by Stravinsky by Thursday o.O ... not going to happen.
    My parents tried to send me away to boarding school though haha. I kinda wish I went now =/

ReputationRep:
    No, so not as much of an issue. Except Naxos has gone weird now and DOESN'T WORK AT HOME.
    I'm supposed to listen to Oepidus Rex by Stravinsky by Thursday o.O ... not going to happen.
    My parents tried to send me away to boarding school though haha. I kinda wish I went now =/
    haha well it is pretty good fun, but I've still never experienced a house party which I'm annoyed about... The internet restrictions being full time is annoying though.

I take it you're doing music AS then? I did...wasn't a good result lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    haha well it is pretty good fun, but I've still never experienced a house party which I'm annoyed about... The internet restrictions being full time is annoying though.

I take it you're doing music AS then? I did...wasn't a good result lol :p:
    I'm A2, thank you! Hahaha. Music A level is SO BOF. I got a C in the written paper last year. I retook it this month. Good ol' Miles Davis :')

ReputationRep:
    I'm A2, thank you! Hahaha. Music A level is SO BOF. I got a C in the written paper last year. I retook it this month. Good ol' Miles Davis :')
    Wooops sorry :o: don't know where that assumption came from- especially considering your post about doing French A2!

I got an E, but managed a D for composition and an A for performance so ended up with a C overall...Haha OCR I take it? "So What" is aawesome!

ReputationRep:
    Wooops sorry :o: don't know where that assumption came from- especially considering your post about doing French A2!

I got an E, but managed a D for composition and an A for performance so ended up with a C overall...Haha OCR I take it? "So What" is aawesome!
    I got a B in performance, I cocked up my second instrument. Composition got an A because my teacher was pretty much in love with my peice hahaha good times.
    So What is the ****. *doo doobee doobee doobee doobee... soooo what!" Definately the best set work. I bet I failed again because I learnt no bar numbers except bar 62 unfinished symphony general pause. HAH.

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in performance, I cocked up my second instrument. Composition got an A because my teacher was pretty much in love with my peice hahaha good times.
    So What is the ****. *doo doobee doobee doobee doobee... soooo what!" definitely the best set work. I bet I failed again because I learnt no bar numbers except bar 62 unfinished symphony general pause. HAH.
    My teacher WROTE most of my damn composition and I still ended up with a D! Not sure about best set work...I LOVE the clarinet part in Black Bottom Stomp :yep:
    Don't worry about it, I didn't learn ANY bar numbers!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher WROTE most of my damn composition and I still ended up with a D! Not sure about best set work...I LOVE the clarinet part in Black Bottom Stomp :yep:
    Don't worry about it, I didn't learn ANY bar numbers!
    Hahah gutted!! What did you (or your teacher) write? I wrote suite for string quartet which was quite Bachian. And my teacher LOVES Bach and was pretty much like "OMFG I LOVE YOU. A*********"
    This year she's like "I hate you, I hate your piece... please don't get upset 'kay?"
    Black Bottom Stomp is pretty good I had it in my retake. I had the trumpet solo. Jelly was an arrogant arse though. Made me laugh.

I have all the set works on my iPod because I am THAT cool :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hahah gutted!! What did you (or your teacher) write? I wrote suite for string quartet which was quite Bachian. And my teacher LOVES Bach and was pretty much like "OMFG I LOVE YOU. A*********"
    This year she's like "I hate you, I hate your piece... please don't get upset 'kay?"
    Black Bottom Stomp is pretty good I had it in my retake. I had the trumpet solo. Jelly was an arrogant arse though. Made me laugh.

I have all the set works on my iPod because I am THAT cool :yep:
    Ha I still have them on iTunes, but I'm not cool enough for the iPod :p: My teacher wrote a piece that was...well basically it sounded like the wind quartet version of a song called something like "The turtle" (you know those really simple songs you first start with on an instrument?)

That sucks about your teacher...sounds like a *******... And yeah Jelly wasan arrogant arse, but damn did he know how to put a good ensemble together!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 27, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.