Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Progressive House - Killing it at the moment! watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feeling the progressive house/trance vibe on the electronic dance music scene at the moment?

Dinka
    Mossy
    Jaytech
    Mango
    Chris Reece
    EDX

I could go on forever... :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of that stuff it too quick to be progressive house imo. Although they are more popular/commerical I think Pryda-Melo and deadmau5-Faxing berlin get progressive house spot on.

ReputationRep:
    Deadmau5 rocks my boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    A lot of that stuff it too quick to be progressive house imo. Although they are more popular/commerical I think Pryda-Melo and deadmau5-Faxing berlin get progressive house spot on.

Typical progressive house dabbles about at around 128.

Which is what all of the artists that I named in my original post, usually mess around with.

Also, 128 tends to be the Deadmau5 & Pryda default.

If you get any slower than that... you begin to delve into the world of deep house & Hedkandi house (Which is also fantastic music, don't get me wrong).

My favourite artist at the moment has to be Dinka. You should check out some tunes. The ability to make 128 bpm sound much slower and chilled than it should be, but still retaining that element of a pumping dance groove, is brilliant imo.

ReputationRep:
    This is where it's at for progressive. So melodic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    This is where it's at for progressive. So melodic.
    Definitely, contact is one of my favourite proggy tracks ever. I love the melodic progressions.

You should love this one if you like glenn morrison.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.