Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackso)
    Quick question, why did the dude who played Nathan leave? Or was he let go? He doesn't seem like the type to have a big career after Misfits...
    He's definitely been getting work: http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm1588066/

I'm guessing he didn't have time for Misfits along with everything else he's been doing this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xEnvy)
    x
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    x
    (Original post by hobo06)
    x
    Ah, fair enough. Although technically he's only done one "big" film, that one with Nicholas Cage... 'Season of the Witch' I think. Still, seems a bit risky to let go of Misfits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackso)
    Ah, fair enough. Although technically he's only done one "big" film, that one with Nicholas Cage... 'Season of the Witch' I think. Still, seems a bit risky to let go of Misfits.
    If he's being offered more work and money then fair enough to him. Of course we'd all rather he was still in Misfits though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    If he's being offered more work and money then fair enough to him. Of course we'd all rather he was still in Misfits though :p:
    Agreed. Like the new guy alright, though.

ReputationRep:
    new guy was alright still needs nathan

ReputationRep:
    So like, how did the new guy know that the girl had HIV???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    So like, how did the new guy know that the girl had HIV???
    I don't believe she did, I thought it was just Pessimist-Rudy being pessimistic about them having unprotected buttsex.

Edit: Just checked. He says "what if she's got HIV".

Finally have time to watch it on 4oD

SO EXCITED :woo:

... I didn't like Rudy

ReputationRep:
    I'mma watch Series 3 first episode now!!

ReputationRep:
    That ass :sexface:

I heard that Nathan might be back for season 4 somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick1sHere)
    That ass :sexface:

I heard that Nathan might be back for season 4 somewhere
    God I hope so. Rudy's all right but it's not really the same without Nathan :sad:

Edit: I thoroughly agree with "That ass" btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    God I hope so. Rudy's all right but it's not really the same without Nathan :sad:

Edit: I thoroughly agree with "That ass" btw.
    She is a fine specimen

ReputationRep:
    Might watch it again tonight
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Gonna miss it on sunday as I'll be on a train

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    ... I didn't like Rudy
    I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe because I love his accent (it being my accent too, and all) or because he's a bit older so isn't such an obvious Nathan replacement. I think that they did their best with what they could do. I'm not a fan of the Rudy/Alisha storyline but I did like the Rudy/Rudy interactions.

(Original post by kuroshokora)
    I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe because I love his accent (it being my accent too, and all) or because he's a bit older so isn't such an obvious Nathan replacement. I think that they did their best with what they could do. I'm not a fan of the Rudy/Alisha storyline but I did like the Rudy/Rudy interactions.
    I love his accent, I just didn't like the character. I liked the split personality idea (literally having fights with himself), but the fingering, anal sex, "I'm washing **** off me ****" - wow, hilarious.

I'm far, far, FAR from a prude but crude jokes are funny when there's an element of wit or inventiveness behind them like in series one, but the shock factor is just cheap and made me cringe.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the same without Nathan.
    I don't like the guy that replaced him. The anal sex and fingering jokes are just not funny. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I love his accent, I just didn't like the character. I liked the split personality idea (literally having fights with himself), but the fingering, anal sex, "I'm washing **** off me ****" - wow, hilarious.

I'm far, far, FAR from a prude but crude jokes are funny when there's an element of wit or inventiveness behind them like in series one, but the shock factor is just cheap and made me cringe.
    See, I didn't find there was much of a shock factor. Maybe because I always got the impression that Nathan's crude jokes etc were meant to shock/impress/be funny, whereas Rudy's lines were more matter of fact. I didn't find them funny exactly, but I didn't feel it cheapened the show or anything.

I think that might be toned down after the first episode, once the character has settled down, though. I did get the impression that, especially since the other characters have grown up a lot more (Alisha particularly, compared to how she was in the first episodes), he's serving as the immature, doesn't-care offender.

(Original post by kuroshokora)
    See, I didn't find there was much of a shock factor. Maybe because I always got the impression that Nathan's crude jokes etc were meant to shock/impress/be funny, whereas Rudy's lines were more matter of fact. I didn't find them funny exactly, but I didn't feel it cheapened the show or anything.

I think that might be toned down after the first episode, once the character has settled down, though. I did get the impression that, especially since the other characters have grown up a lot more (Alisha particularly, compared to how she was in the first episodes), he's serving as the immature, doesn't-care offender.
    I would have liked to have seen more of the other characters, especially Kelly, rather than just a long introduction to Rudy

Also, "rocket scientist"? That's not a superpower, because it's not outwith the ability of humans, like reading people's minds :lolwut:

Good point - they're probably going to let him 'mature'. But I never wanted Nathan to mature tbh - that was his character. And the idea of someone as selfish and immature as him deciding to care for a stranger's baby? Aye right.

Perhaps I'm taking it too seriously, but these are minor quibbles. It's still the best show on TV.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.