Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    I actually quite enjoyed this episode! Am I the only one? It was a good idea, but maybe they could have executed it better....much like the Nazi episode.

I love Rudy! Still a bit confused about his character and his 'power'. But thumbs up from me
    You're not the only one, I enjoyed it!

Rudy presumably has some sort of multiple personality disorder, so his power is being able to split those personalities into two different people (their original powers were all based on their personalities).

Really a shame about the probation worker, he was one of my favourite characters :sad: Though I wonder:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Do we know what happened to Nathan's power? I can't recall the probation worker and Seth having met (on screen) at any point before tonight. When he said he couldn't believe he hadn't figured it out before, maybe he meant with all the weird **** that goes on, he should have figured out they have powers as well as himself? :holmes:

IRT unanswered questions about how 3 probation workers go missing etc. - I'm not even going to go there, did enough defending after last week's episode, I'll just be repeating myself.

ReputationRep:
    First post in here but agree with a few others. Watched it from first episode and used to actually look forward to watching it, the stuff with Nathan was just better to watch. The nazi episdeo.. well.. was terrible imo. Last one was a bit better.

Getting to the point where i would still watch it, but.. i don't look forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed the probation worker has a latent ghost-type power and takes up haunting the community centre.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell? You wouldn't be able to unplug the life support machine, surely?

It was OK as an individual episode, but they're not really building up the bigger storyline much.

When female Curtis said "I can't switch back!" in the preview for the next episode, I just thought "Oh well."
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just watched it, quite liked it

(Original post by hobo06)
    x
    No longer cheating on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Just watched it, quite liked it

No longer cheating on you
    Sorry to hear that :sad:

But glad to have you back to myself :love:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Sorry to hear that :sad:

But glad to have you back to myself :love:
    It'll be for the best :yep:

Indeed all your again :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    I liked that probation worker D;

ReputationRep:
    Did the probabtion worker have a name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    Did the probabtion worker have a name?
    According to wikipedia his name was Shaun

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember it ever being mentioned

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the episode but agree that taking the girl from hospital was pretty unrealistic. Also gutted that the probation worker died, kinda hope he will return somehow. I would've found it interesting to see a storyline or some back story about him, but then again showing him a few times an episode worked fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takethyfacehence)
    Oh noes! I'm afraid I might follow suit. The fact that House is almost unwatchable too is so depressing... hate it when they let a series go downhill like this.
    Ack now, House seems to be redeeming itself this season (after the abomination that was season 7) and going back to it's roots.

But have to admit the past 2 episodes of Misfits are going too far into the ridiculous. And killing off the probation worker is a big no no!

I've only watched the first episode. Do I want to watch the others?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    IMO yes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler tags please?

ReputationRep:
    No you dont. From the start of series 3, its gone from bad to worse to ridiculous to boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iain 815)
    Ack now, House seems to be redeeming itself this season (after the abomination that was season 7) and going back to it's roots.

But have to admit the past 2 episodes of Misfits are going too far into the ridiculous. And killing off the probation worker is a big no no!
    I actually liked Season 7 and feel like this current season is seriously uninteresting. But I dunno... I want to say I wish they had just wrapped House up with last season, but not with that finale.. it's difficult to really say what I'd like in terms of what direction House is going in. It's a great show with some excellent themes but I think one of the biggest problems is the balance they've got between a) doing something that will make a big impact and b) bouncing it back unrealistically to carry on the show. Like Wilson being like 'we're not friends anymore' and then turning round a bit later and saying 'no wait, it's all cool'. In that respect I don't think they've fleshed out Wilson realistically enough. I mean, I like him, but I think his character is a lot more complicated than we ever get to see. Maybe that's just me. In general this new season is really lacking an interesting female character. What's-her-name-rich-boring-face and Park really don't engage me. And Chase, Taub, Foreman AND Wilson are really not interesting enough on their own. Bllehhhhh.

sorry to be off-topic! on-topic... Misfits... erm... is the actor that plays Curtis leaving then? I'm guessing him being stuck as a girl is only temporary since it seems a bit of a biggie to drop on a random preview.. then again I don't think anyone will be particularly heart-broken to see him go, especially if his character is still there in another form anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen definitive yes and no answers. There is quite a split between those who love it, and those who hate it. You can only decide for yourself.

(although I would say that those of us who have loved it and been in this thread from the start generally seem to still be enjoying it, I think some of those hating it don't really understand that this is what Misfits is supposed to be and has been from the start)

(Original post by SweatyGoldfish)
    Spoiler tags please?
    It's probably advisable to not look in the thread until after you've seen the most recent episode as it tends to get discussed in thread whilst airing by the regular posters, that's the way we've been doing it from the start, so probably won't change now.

(Original post by takethyfacehence)
    sorry to be off-topic! on-topic... Misfits... erm... is the actor that plays Curtis leaving then? I'm guessing him being stuck as a girl is only temporary since it seems a bit of a biggie to drop on a random preview.. then again I don't think anyone will be particularly heart-broken to see him go, especially if his character is still there in another form anyway...
    Eh? Pretty sure it's just for one storyline, like Kelly being in the body of a coma patient, Nazis running the country, and almost every other episode, having its own individual story. We have no context yet for why he can't change back.

ReputationRep:
    I think some of those hating it don't really understand that this is what Misfits is supposed to be and has been from the start
    I agree that Misfits has always been full of crude and dark humour, and all of that - but the reason I personally have started disliking it is because the writing in terms of the plot is just not as good as the previous 2 series. Theres no :eek: moments, the next episode preview doesnt make me feel like I cant wait, and even the humour isnt cleverly written anymore, its just tiring.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.