Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    I actually switched it off after 10 mins.

I think this is the end for me and Misfits
    good riddence

ReputationRep:
    oh em geee! how did I not know about this thread? Love love love misfits!

ReputationRep:
    Misfits has gone down the pan..Nowhere near as god as the previous 2 series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)

It's probably advisable to not look in the thread until after you've seen the most recent episode as it tends to get discussed in thread whilst airing by the regular posters, that's the way we've been doing it from the start, so probably won't change now.
    Ok, my bad. I guess its done differently in this thread than the other TV/Movie ones

EDIT: Reading this back it sounds kinda d**kish, I didn't mean it in that way, I just mean in the other thread I've visited people have used tags

(Original post by HiddenHybrid)
    good riddence
    Excuse me? :lolwut:

(although I would say that those of us who have loved it and been in this thread from the start generally seem to still be enjoying it, I think some of those hating it don't really understand that this is what Misfits is supposed to be and has been from the start)
    I have seen every Misfits episode and at the start it was hilarious, constantly inventive and completely original. The descent is nothing to do with us "not understanding" anything, it's down to the introduction of lesser writers compared to Howard Overman, who wrote the first two series.

As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And lol @ those people taking our dislike of the new series personally.

ReputationRep:
    (although I would say that those of us who have loved it and been in this thread from the start generally seem to still be enjoying it, I think some of those hating it don't really understand that this is what Misfits is supposed to be and has been from the start)
    I think that's debatable! There are definitely enough people disliking it to warrant the question of 'is this really what Misfits supposed to be and if it is, why does it feel like it's not/why do I dislike recent episodes so much?'... obviously you can't please everyone but I think the reactions show it's more than that. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that Series 3 is particularly sharp, the wit we had in Series 1 was so sharp and contemporary, now it feels really stale!

Eh? Pretty sure it's just for one storyline, like Kelly being in the body of a coma patient, Nazis running the country, and almost every other episode, having its own individual story. We have no context yet for why he can't change back.
    Sorry! I guess I was just jumping to conclusions.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously feeling sad right now :'(, I'm losing interest in misfits. Its like there running out of ideas, and with another great actor gone, where are the laughs gonna come from >.<

ReputationRep:
    I'm still enjoying it. Maybe I'm just easily pleased.

ReputationRep:
    I dont like these episodes where everything starts off normal and then some huge dramatic thing happens and then they go back in time and its all ok!
    I like it when all the episodes build up to get a really dramatic ending and they could make a better story around rudy cause he's so funny!

ReputationRep:
    Just to weigh in my two cents on the argument, I agree that misfits is at it's lowest. And even at its worst point, it's excellent television. I've found the third series entirely enjoyable, albeit without some of the wit and charm that really captured me in the first two series, and Rudy (spelling?) is one of the few characters I could envision that would stop me lamenting the loss of Nathan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Excuse me? :lolwut:
    Its a text comment, just re-read it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    yes i am a smart arse

(Original post by Hatchet)
    Its a text comment, just re-read it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    yes i am a smart arse
    Some people seriously need to get a life if they're going to get that wound-up about people's opinions of a TV show.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where to get Seths coat in the recent episode?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

umpf.

ReputationRep:
    Who's waaaaatching?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Moi :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Me of course
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Me of course
    :jumphug:

"Ankle. Collarbones. Readybrek."
    :rofl:

I do have nice collarbones tho :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Got himself pregnant? :rofl:

This is one bizarre episode...queue the hate for unrealism :teehee:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.