The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3960
Original post by impossible!
Why didn't Simon just time travel to a couple of hours back and intervene in Alisha's death? Why was it necessary to go all the way back to the beginning, or am I missing something?

because he still wouldve had to go back in time (AGAIN/EVENTUALLY) and save her from the bullet (i think)
Do none of the numerous people buried in the woods have families? :teehee:
Gutted that Alisha isn't coming back for series 4 :frown:
Feel so let down by the ending.
Reply 3964
Original post by lazy smurf
Gutted that Alisha isn't coming back for series 4 :frown:

IS SHE NOT!?!?!?!?!?!?
no
this cant be right
*dies*

is there an official list of people that are in season 4? (do they know who will be a regular???)

i will not be able to watch it without simon!
and elisha too i think, she kind-of made him better aha.
So are simon and alisha not coming back I mean have they signed contracts or anything...and was their hints the actors wanted to leave the show?..I mean misfits will be so dead I mean they could survive nathan but simon and alsiah both really think this will end misifts...stupid time line story is becoming ridiculous so the writers think keeping to the stupid timeline is important but what about the other plot holes...like how all their families are non existent not a single dog has found the forest bodies which is qyickly becoming a graveyard or the fact their is a power dealer ppl know about the powers yet no media reports not a singlw journalist investigaing what's happening to a lot of missing ppl or the council who don't wonder where their probation workers are disappearing...and no member of the intelligence service perking their ears over a lot of things...like the cheer leaders mass murder or powers being sold and no one being interested with what we can assume are some strangw things ppl are doing with those powers....sorry rant over
ALishias actor said she is not coming back in season 4, ah this show seems dead now =/
Ugh that was....meh

Curtis bores the hell out of me.
Kelly is funny, I like Kelly.
I don't want Alisha and Simon to be gone though. And I miss Nathan, I liked him better than Rudy.

meeb
Reply 3968
So how would you guys rate Season III out of 10? Personally I'd give it a 5, was really let down.
To those asking why Simon didn't go back and save Alisha from dying the 2nd time, I've got a feeling he could only go to one point in time once, hence the dealer said: 'there's no going back.'
So he used his power to save Nathan in Series 1 and Alisha in Series 2 (through sacrificing himself, hence he couldn't save her again.)
Reply 3971
Why didn't Simon just time travel to a couple of hours back and intervene in Alisha's death? Why was it necessary to go all the way back to the beginning, or am I missing something?

Although that would have probably been the most sensible option, Simon and Alisha are both leaving so as a reason as to why they left, the last episode had to ensure that Simon and Alisha were stuck in a never-ending loophole.

Season 4 will probably consist of Curtis, Kelly and the Rudys going about their usual Misfit ways after Simon leaves to save Alisha.

Although it cut deep when Nathan left, Rudy sure redeemed himself. Now that Simon and Alisha are both leaving the show will die. I give it one more season. Season 4 will probably be very weak. We'll see. I will remain faithful to Misfits.
That was a bit of a shocker... shocking in that I expected a lot more out of that storyline :frown: I mean, the episode was quite good to watch in general, I felt, but the Simon-and-Alisha storyline seems... stunted. If Simon could time the whole saving Alisha in Series 2 from the video game guy so well, he surely could have prevented it entirely, and then prevented her from dying just now. The only reason he thinks he has to do it all the way it was done already, is because it's happened already. He's too scared to change anything because he thinks it means Alisha will never love him if it all doesn't happen "properly", not something Alisha was worried about ("If you don't go back, you won't leave me and die")... but it's all too reliant on itself, it is paradoxical...

I was quite bored of Alisha in a way, but will miss Simon a lot, he and Nathan were my favourites in the beginning! Kelly, Alisha and Curtis have always been a little secondary to me. Worried as to how the next season will turn out.

Also the Vegas picture -- that's not a mystery, it did actually happen (in Misfits world). Just off-screen. They went to Vegas and Nathan stayed there.
Reply 3973
Original post by ocelotrevs
This is stupid. In the past he died long before Elesha got killed, so him going back isn't going to change anything.

This whole time travel storyline has gotten stupid.

You're missing the point, this infinite loop has to exist for the present to be the way it is in this timeline. He's not trying to change anything, he's allowing what exists to exist. It is also a way for him to still be with Alisha, essentially forever, in this loop.

Original post by ocelotrevs
I thought that Simon was immune to Elesha's powers because he actually loved her, rather than it being another power.

You've never heard of a plot twist I assume?

Original post by Iain 815
I'd guess they've both left the show for good.

To be honest, it's for the best, they need to bring in a few new interesting characters to keep it fresh.

This isn't Skins....

You are missing everything about how Simon has to go back in time for the present to exist in this timeline.

I was quite disappointed with this episode, apart from 'omg will Simon and Alisha be back??' there is nothing to really make me want to find out what happens next. If it wasn't for already being confirmed that there will be fourth series, I would have assumed that to be the end.

Also I'm guessing there won't be a christmas special, as we had a longer series that has brought us right up to a week before christmas. Usually there is a bit more of a gap I think?

Does anyone have any proper sources for Simon and Alisha not returning? I'd not heard anything of it until tonight, they kept it very quiet if it is true (I'm sure someone in this thread would have posted in here if they had found it before). I imagine many of the sources popped up tonight, based on assumptions from tonight's show.

Edit: I see Antonia Thomas confirmed on Twitter she won't be returning. No official sources on Simon though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by History-Student
It can't be the end for them. Curtis & Kelly are a bit crap, they can't leave Rudy to carry the show.

I think Seth will become a main character next year as well.
Sad to see Alisha and Simon go but I think their exits were really well done! It's hauntingly romantic that they'll be stuck in that loop forever. I'm glad they cleared up how Simon was immune to Alisha's power. I don't think anyone would have guessed how the hoodie storyline would end.

They obviously thought through though. Skip to 1.02 on this video:

At the time I thought it was a strange camera angle but now I'm thinking they're showing it from Simon's POV!

Good last episode some really funny moments. Kelly disgusted at Curtis having sex with a ghost. Rudy randomly asking the girl if she wanted to his penis, the guy who wanted to go back in time and become a pirate because they have loads of sex and for some reason I found it hilarious when Curtis offered to bring Alisha back and Kelly said, "nah she wouldn't want to be a zombie."Also glad they showed the scene where Alisha reenacts the girl who had sex with a gear stick! One of the funniest moments in misfits for me.
(edited 12 years ago)

If he doesn't go back then he can't save Nathan from the brainwashed nutters in series 1 for example. It's not about saving Alisha; he knows that can never happen, it's about preserving the world as it is now.

It's a time loop, if he doesn't go back & do it exactly like his future self did, then his past self won't do it exactly like he will. The loop collapses & time changes forever (which might sound good, but look at all the times super hoodie interfered and the lasting effects of it, there's no way he could predict what the outcome of every single one of them will be, for good or bad, it's too great a risk).

This is why you should all hope your future self doesn't come back in time & start ****ing around in your life or something, eventually you'll have to go back & do the same.
Original post by Beebumble
I think Seth will become a main character next year as well.

Oh yeah, because Seth isn't as crap as Kelly & Curtis at all.

He's a plot device, there to dish out whichever powers the story needs them to have. I really hope he isn't who they bring in as a replacement.
Original post by hobo06
You're missing the point, this infinite loop has to exist for the present to be the way it is in this timeline. He's not trying to change anything, he's allowing what exists to exist. It is also a way for him to still be with Alisha, essentially forever, in this loop.

You've never heard of a plot twist I assume?

But then what's the point of him going back in time if he's not going to prevent her death, which he wouldn't even be able to stop as super hoody because he needlessly killed himself stopping that video game guy.

Yes, I have heard of plot twists, but I just thought that the reason he could touch Alisha because he loves her, rather than lusts her would be more romantic and touching.
Reply 3979
Heartbroken. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending