Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To everyone who quoted me answering my question: Makes sense now, thanks. I don't like it though. Lost in a timeloop? Pah! I, like others, am let down at what they decided to do with that mini storyline.

The thought that Simon and Alisha may not be on Misfits again didn't occur to me actually. I assumed that they would carry this on in the next series, but judging my the fact that Antonia Thomas isn't returning, they aren't. I don't think series four will be amazing, they haven't really left any amazing characters now. All my favourites would have gone. Interesting to see what they are going to come up with anyway. I'll still watch it of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impossible!)

The thought that Simon and Alisha may not be on Misfits again didn't occur to me actually. I assumed that they would carry this on in the next series, but judging my the fact that Antonia Thomas isn't returning, they aren't. I don't think series four will be amazing, they haven't really left any amazing characters now. All my favourites would have gone. Interesting to see what they are going to come up with anyway. I'll still watch it of course.
    I still have hope for Simon (at least until the actor crushes that dream by not returning). He has a lot of time to plan something, knows how things will turn out, and most importantly; he's a massive comic nerd so has a lot of experience with people coming up with solutions to things like self-repeating time loops.

ReputationRep:
    Last 15 minutes were brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    But then what's the point of him going back in time if he's not going to prevent her death, which he wouldn't even be able to stop as super hoody because he needlessly killed himself stopping that video game guy.

Yes, I have heard of plot twists, but I just thought that the reason he could touch Alisha because he loves her, rather than lusts her would be more romantic and touching.
    That would just be very out of place in Misfits.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    To be honest, I can see where people are coming from with worries for season 4...however I had worries for season 3 and it worked out well so I'm definitely withholding judgement

It was a really good episode and even though I could see Alisha's death coming, it was still quite touching.

I know it's a strong possibility that Simon won't be coming back so I guess I'll just live with that. I'm not sure how series 4 will pan out. In fact I didn't think there would be a series 4 because of the ending but it'll be good to see how it works out.

I also doubt we'll be getting a christmas special because there's been no mention of it in the christmas tv guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beebumble)
    They obviously thought through though. At the time I thought it was a strange camera angle but now I'm thinking they're showing it from Simon's POV!.
    What? That angle was from presentinvisible!Simon.. that has nothing to do with this time travelling stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelotrevs)
    But then what's the point of him going back in time if he's not going to prevent her death, which he wouldn't even be able to stop as super hoody because he needlessly killed himself stopping that video game guy.
    :facepalm: Read my answer again. The point is he does it for the loop to exist. He knows he can't stop it. He says himself he has to go back in time and make sure everything happens again exactly the way it did (I'm sure that's almost a word for word quote from him too), he has said that on multiple occasions. Otherwise Alisha will never fall in love with him. I think that is the key reason for him doing it. If he changes time, Alisha may not fall in love with him in the alternate timeline. This way, he gets to be with her forever in a never ending loop in this timeline.

Yes, I have heard of plot twists, but I just thought that the reason he could touch Alisha because he loves her, rather than lusts her would be more romantic and touching.
    Yes, pretty much everyone thought that. We were all fooled by a plot twist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    You're missing the point, this infinite loop has to exist for the present to be the way it is in this timeline. He's not trying to change anything, he's allowing what exists to exist. It is also a way for him to still be with Alisha, essentially forever, in this loop.

You've never heard of a plot twist I assume?

This isn't Skins....

You are missing everything about how Simon has to go back in time for the present to exist in this timeline.

I was quite disappointed with this episode, apart from 'omg will Simon and Alisha be back??' there is nothing to really make me want to find out what happens next. If it wasn't for already being confirmed that there will be fourth series, I would have assumed that to be the end.

Also I'm guessing there won't be a christmas special, as we had a longer series that has brought us right up to a week before christmas. Usually there is a bit more of a gap I think?

Does anyone have any proper sources for Simon and Alisha not returning? I'd not heard anything of it until tonight, they kept it very quiet if it is true (I'm sure someone in this thread would have posted in here if they had found it before). I imagine many of the sources popped up tonight, based on assumptions from tonight's show.

Edit: I see Antonia Thomas confirmed on Twitter she won't be returning. No official sources on Simon though.
    Not really, Simon had to go back for the present to be same in all the timelines but in the particular timeline that he was in, super hoody already did what needed to be done, so fair enough he may have ruined a different timeline if he only went back a couple of hours to save alisha but his one would be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)
    Not really, Simon had to go back for the present to be same in all the timelines but in the particular timeline that he was in, super hoody already did what needed to be done, so fair enough he may have ruined a different timeline if he only went back a couple of hours to save alisha but his one would be fine
    To be fair it was 5am at the time of that post, forgive me if my timeline theories are a little off. However, I think you'll find the rest of my reasoning makes far more sense. Better explained in the post above yours, after having had a few hours sleep :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)
    But if he doesn't go back then there was no super hoody in his timeline either. Nathan gets brainwashed & brainwash girl takes over the world. Even if that doesn't happen everything else that super hoody did never happens & the world is completely different.

The point is, if he doesn't go back & become super hoody, he can't just go back a few hours & save her, because if he doesn't go all the way back then that moment a few hours ago never happens. It's the curse of the time loop, if he changes it in any way then he creates a paradox, and anything else that he wanted to do can never happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Glad someone else thinks so too, the only time I found him slightly interesting was when he got the gender swap power. I quite like Kelly but at the same time she annoys me. I love Rudy though!
    My friends don't understand the attraction. "But he's weird looking!" "I love him." "But he's not Nathan!" "So? Matt Smith isn't David Tennant, I still love the 11th Doctor." That's what I have discovered in the past two years. Shows don't die when your favourite character leaves.

Kelly's sweet, I just don't really care about her. The Seth/Kelly thing was adorable though. And Curtis is just whiny and annoying. Man up! The gender swap power...hilarious. Just brilliant. :lol: Wish he'd kept it though, that would've been hilarious in the extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    :facepalm: Read my answer again. The point is he does it for the loop to exist. He knows he can't stop it. He says himself he has to go back in time and make sure everything happens again exactly the way it did (I'm sure that's almost a word for word quote from him too), he has said that on multiple occasions. Otherwise Alisha will never fall in love with him. I think that is the key reason for him doing it. If he changes time, Alisha may not fall in love with him in the alternate timeline. This way, he gets to be with her forever in a never ending loop in this timeline.

Yes, pretty much everyone thought that. We were all fooled by a plot twist.
    It all has to happen exactly as it happened. :yep:

Sorry, remembering quotes is my superpower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    To be honest, I can see where people are coming from with worries for season 4...however I had worries for season 3 and it worked out well so I'm definitely withholding judgement
    Likewise. Loads of my favourite TV shows are changing/have changed. I thought series 3 would be rubbish without Nathan. Nope, just as good with Rudy, I only wish Nathan and Rudy could meet. It would be fantastic.

Love the avatar by the way. :love: Santa hats are cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by takethyfacehence)
    What? That angle was from presentinvisible!Simon.. that has nothing to do with this time travelling stuff.
    Oh I forgot about that!

ReputationRep:
    when do they actually go to vegas then??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmina)
    when do they actually go to vegas then??
    Off screen presumably. Perhaps they all went together, and Nathan stayed there with his girlfriend and child.

ReputationRep:
    I watched the episode this morning. When Rudy was told there was no God, I can't remember but did he say 'Oh Thank God for that'?

If he did, loving the irony of that xD

Maybe simon will come back in the next series saying there's no point in changing the people's lives...it's destiny or something like that...but if Misfits is to continue, it needs something amazing.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Likewise. Loads of my favourite TV shows are changing/have changed. I thought series 3 would be rubbish without Nathan. Nope, just as good with Rudy, I only wish Nathan and Rudy could meet. It would be fantastic.

Love the avatar by the way. :love: Santa hats are cool.
    That would be brilliant!

Ha ha they are indeed :yep:

I reckon next series there will be a lot more of both Rudy's walking around together...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    That would be brilliant!

Ha ha they are indeed :yep:

I reckon next series there will be a lot more of both Rudy's walking around together...
    I hope so. I enjoy both of them arguing together, it always ends in a fight. Plus, two copies of Joe Gilgun on my screen. :awesome:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.