The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I don't think you need to spoiler something that has already aired. If people read this thread before they bother watching an already aired episode and then get spoiled, then I think that's their problem :p:

I did it just in case :lol: I don't want to ruin it for someone if they have it on pause or record :smile:
At least Curtis got a proper noble death, unlike Alisha's pointless and illogical death. Still the show is starting to feel stale, with the last original character gone they should probably try and end the whole thing soon, it's run it's course and with the remaining powers all being next to useless, and none of them really feeling like they are doing community service it doesn't feel like the same show anymore.
:eek3: :eek4: :eek3:

That was a very solid death from an otherwise hit & miss character. Very nicely done.

I guess it's officially time to rename the thread from "Misfits" to "Rudy & Co."

Also, Curtis' drug offence would still be recent enough and he was sort-of famous enough that him being found dead by suicide after executing two other people would probably make it onto the news. Do you think they'll just ignore that and have the police not follow up on the deaths in the least?
Reply 4103
Really enjoyed the episode, probably the first time i've cared about anything Curtis has done. Glad he went out on a high.

They need to start to develop the other characters or I can't see misfits lasting. Aside from Rudy none of the other characters seem that interesting and he isn't a deep enough character to be the focus of the show.
Did not see that coming...

Very cute guinea pig though :yep:
Reply 4105
The fifth series of Misfits will be the last but there might be a movie.
Joe Gilgun is brilliant and tbh I like Rudy better than Nathan.
Curtis's death was really sad though :/
Original post by emclc

Source?
Reply 4107
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Source?

Well, I went to the location while they were filming back in june and an assistant told me that. I hope it's true!
Original post by emclc
Well, I went to the location while they were filming back in june and an assistant told me that. I hope it's true!

Hmmm interesting.
Original post by emclc

Well if this is true. Then I really hope that they'll get the old cast back, for a cameo.Because if they end it, without bringing any of them back.
It'll be a pile of steaming donkey manure.
I do think that Joe Gilgun's character is the best character , in it now.
I really hope he doesn't get killed off.
What did you think of tonight's Epi?
I really liked tonight's episode, found it wee bit odd they weren't all a bit more cut up about Curtis but I really liked the sibling stuff and I think we can all relate to the wanting to keep someone alive even though we know it's for our own selfish reasons thing.

Next time looks creepy!
I wasn't to keen on Sunday's ep.
I thought it was depressing and to be honest,
I think it's starting to get a little stale.
It doesn't help that I really dislike Finn.
And I am getting fed up with the OTT crudeness this year.
Even last year, the crudeness was witty and hilarious.
Now it's Cock jokes every 5 minutes.
It really should end now.I have been/and still am a huge Misfits fan.
I loved the first and second series and thought they were brilliant.
I really like the 3rd series as well and thought Rudy was a great addition.
His power was a brilliant idea.And there were some great episodes.
And This year I thought i'd give the show a chance,and not be a whiny fanboy,
bumming the old cast and Robert Sheehan, before bothering watching it.
Which is stupid.I have watched every episode of this present series and thought
the 3rd and 4th episodes were excellent. The first was quite good.The 2nd not bad.
But I didn't like 5th episode. The main problem I have with present series is there isn't a clear story arc.
The new characters just aren't as well drawn as past characters. We still don't know why jess and finn are
in community service. The OTT Crudeness is a massive problem as well. It's as if they've gone backwards.
It used to be so witty and brilliantly written.Sure they had jokes about tripling,people's penises on phones and nasty snatch gunk.But it was funny.Now i'm concerned it's going to become terrible. Another huge problem I have, there's hardly any use of any powers.
The thing is I don't mind this series and have liked some of the episodes but am concerned for it. I just think Overman should end it next year before it becomes complete crap as it is getting stale.And once things start to go stale.You have to end it.
Prison Break had the right idea ending it, when it did.
I am however happy about a film been made about misfits, which will contain both past and present characters.
Original post by Curtis Donovan

I am however happy about a film been made about misfits, which will contain both past and present characters.

Do you have a source for that? Google brought up nothing.
Original post by History-Student
Do you have a source for that? Google brought up nothing.

Put Misfits Film in Google news.
Original post by justanotherposter
Put Misfits Film in Google news.

Well that sounds...not great, if I'm honest.
I don't know if anyone has seen the updated trailer, it looks cool, with ninjas and everything.
they have to offer Robert Sheehan a ****load of cash to get him back for the movie. Otherwise it'll be a wasted opportunity.
Last night's episode was the best of this series. It was like the old Misfits with all sorts of crazy **** going on. I am warming to Rudy and the faces he pulls.
Reply 4119
I think they need to use their powers more, I'm sure the originals used their powers often in previous series.

Quick Reply