Turn on thread page Beta
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by outlaw-torn)
    I've just googled it and apparently he was watching himself in the mirror whilst having sex :s
    Oh that's apparently quite a common narcissist thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I was wondering that too :confused:. Checking that he was doing it right, perhaps? :hmmmm:

This series kinda disappointed me. Too many odd powers, odd storylines, and a lot of loose ends not tied up. Looks like they ended it so another series will be coming up, but I'm worried this programme is just dragging on too much.
    Apparently he was staring at himself in the mirror it was not easy to notice it was a mirror!

Yeah I kind of enjoyed it just because I love Rudy - but Finn is annoying as hell, and none of them really use their powers much.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he was staring at himself in the mirror it was not easy to notice it was a mirror!

Yeah I kind of enjoyed it just because I love Rudy - but Finn is annoying as hell, and none of them really use their powers much.
    Maybe that will change next season, as Finn said, "maybe we should use them ( powers) more often?" I thought that bit was quite funny how meta it is and shows that writers are aware of their own content, maybe this series was used to set up the future storylines with the new characters?

Does anyone think Alex is going to get a power that might or make him decide turn him into a villain? The lingering shot seemed forboding.

ReputationRep:
    I kinda love Abbey, she reminds me of Kelly :love: I love the fact that she has amnesia

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know that, but I was just wondering why the camera kept focussing on it on the two times that it happened, like it was something significant :hmmmm:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah I know that, but I was just wondering why the camera kept focussing on it on the two times that it happened, like it was something significant :hmmmm:
    I think it was to show he was kind of in love with himself (or rather his ****).

Is that the end of the series then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I think it was to show he was kind of in love with himself (or rather his ****).

Is that the end of the series then?
    OK, lol. Yeah, that was the end of that series.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    OK, lol. Yeah, that was the end of that series.
    Oh, bit of an abrupt ending :s

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be cool if they made Alex a Sylar like villian, somehow taking people's powers and killing them. It's an idea someone else wrote, on another forum.Which I think would be great.
    They certainly need to make the next series interesting. This one was a crock of ****e.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that impressed with this series by itself but I do think it has done a very good job of setting up for next series. Considering all the characters but 1 are new, it is quite important they get a good introduction. I like the direction Finn is going in. I find his character to be very annoying but I like the way Jess is torn between him and Alex and the way he has started to stand up to alex. I really hope they focus on him learning to use his power.

ReputationRep:
    So with Abbey, it seems like her power is ... she needs to drink to keep sober? I am guessing the following -- if she doesn't drink she gets into a drunken state and passes out. Hence, why she starts to drink as soon as coming out of being passed out to get sober (so basically alcohol sort of has the opposite effect on her).

I'm guessing at the time of the storm, she was drunk or something and didn't know who she was etc. so the storm essentially extrapolated that, so she only thinks she has amnesia (as when she was drunk she didn't really know a lot about a lot) -- but as we see in the very last episode she recalls that she has always wanted a bike, giving reasoning to think she hasn't actually lost her memory. No? Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SPMS)
    So with Abbey, it seems like her power is ... she needs to drink to keep sober? I am guessing the following -- if she doesn't drink she gets into a drunken state and passes out. Hence, why she starts to drink as soon as coming out of being passed out to get sober (so basically alcohol sort of has the opposite effect on her).
    I thought the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic but what colour is Abbey's hair?

ReputationRep:
    Hola Misfits peeps! Sorry to bump when the show's not on, but I wasn't in the country when it was on, so thought I'd give a quick post. Managed to keep up whilst I was in Kenya as the local shopping centre had free WiFi and pretty decent speeds sometimes. Nothing too specific, as it has been a while since I watched it, but I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, given that only Curtis remained of the original cast. Though disappointed there was no Christmas special this year.

Also just read there is plans for a Misfits movie (might have already been discussed here, haven't read through it all), first draft script written already. I guess at this early a stage, we shouldn't expect to see that until after season 6 at least, so they'd need a lot of forward planning if it is to tie in timeline wise with the seasons.

Hello! :wavey:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Hola Misfits peeps! Sorry to bump when the show's not on, but I wasn't in the country when it was on, so thought I'd give a quick post. Managed to keep up whilst I was in Kenya as the local shopping centre had free WiFi and pretty decent speeds sometimes. Nothing too specific, as it has been a while since I watched it, but I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, given that only Curtis remained of the original cast. Though disappointed there was no Christmas special this year.

Also just read there is plans for a Misfits movie (might have already been discussed here, haven't read through it all), first draft script written already. I guess at this early a stage, we shouldn't expect to see that until after season 6 at least, so they'd need a lot of forward planning if it is to tie in timeline wise with the seasons.

Hello! :wavey:
    Hey darling! How was Kenya?

Yeah defs good considering the lack of originals...esp as no originals at all now! I'm excited to see what they could do with a feature length film for sure :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey darling! How was Kenya?

Yeah defs good considering the lack of originals...esp as no originals at all now! I'm excited to see what they could do with a feature length film for sure :yep:
    Well, I was supposed to go for 4 weeks, ended up staying 3 months, so pretty awesome Hopefully get a chance to go back sometime if I can pay off my overdraft and save again. Need to find a job asap though :/

How's things in Canada? Just seen the link to your blog in your sig, will try to have a read through there at some point. If you're interested, I wrote a blog in Kenya, well when I had time, linky here. Also a link to photos in the most recent post, if you want to skip the reading :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Well, I was supposed to go for 4 weeks, ended up staying 3 months, so pretty awesome Hopefully get a chance to go back sometime if I can pay off my overdraft and save again. Need to find a job asap though :/

How's things in Canada? Just seen the link to your blog in your sig, will try to have a read through there at some point. If you're interested, I wrote a blog in Kenya, well when I had time, linky here. Also a link to photos in the most recent post, if you want to skip the reading :p:
    Yeah I thought you should have been back sooner :teehee:

Canada is great, really loving it, don't want to leave (I'm sure it's a sentiment you understand...why haven't they invented teleportation yet?!)

OOOO shall have a read of that at some point for sure :yep: I love travel blogs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought you should have been back sooner :teehee:

Canada is great, really loving it, don't want to leave (I'm sure it's a sentiment you understand...why haven't they invented teleportation yet?!)

OOOO shall have a read of that at some point for sure :yep: I love travel blogs.
    I can definitely relate to that, was so sad to leave after 3 months. I'd seen a lot of people come and go as most only stay for a few weeks, that was hard enough. But there were a couple of people who had been there as long as me, and my hosts who I had stayed with the whole time. Can keep in touch with most through Facebook though, and now have friends all over the world so if I ever visit their countries, I'll have contacts there!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I can definitely relate to that, was so sad to leave after 3 months. I'd seen a lot of people come and go as most only stay for a few weeks, that was hard enough. But there were a couple of people who had been there as long as me, and my hosts who I had stayed with the whole time. Can keep in touch with most through Facebook though, and now have friends all over the world so if I ever visit their countries, I'll have contacts there!
    Taking this to VM so as not to spam up the thread :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can watch season 4? I've watched 1-3 on netflix but they don't have 4 Also Kelly and Simon are definitely the best characters

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.