Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Too tired to watch live :sigh: shall just 4OD it in morning/afternoon. Leaving this thread till then! Enjoy guys!

ReputationRep:
    That was unusual :lol:

Also was the Conty guy there? (The guy in season 2 where he thought life was a game and then killed future simon)

ReputationRep:
    pmsl at Alex and Finn... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well, that was creepy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Big improvement on season four I thought. Finn is really under-rated as a character I think, Nathan McMullen plays him brilliantly and he has a lot of potential. Abbey's lack of characterisation is annoying and I'm not sure whether it's a genuine writing tool to shroud her personality in mystery or whether it's because she was just plonked onto the series last year. Rudy, as always, provided the episode's best bits. Joe Gilgun is astonishingly comedic. It was great to see more sci-fi/power-orientated scenes too! Very enjoyable indeed.

ReputationRep:
    I love this show didn't know there was a season 4 and 5- I thought it ended in season 3 so this is brilliant news!!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Enjoyed it, although hoping there'll be a good overall story arc this series to finish things off.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok, i was hoping they were going to move away from this teen relationship bs but it doesn't look like they will.

ReputationRep:
    story line was kinda all over the place... but the episode was pretty funny/ bloody weird

ReputationRep:
    Misfits hasn't been as good since Nathen left. I want Nathan back in the final series. #bringnathanback

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ireland6)
    Misfits hasn't been as good since Nathen left. I want Nathan back in the final series. #bringnathanback
    he'll probably be in the misfits film. howard overman says it's written and ready to go and he's waiting for funding. so i'd imagine nathan et al will be in it.

ReputationRep:
    i'd say it was season 2 quality. better powers,characters and all round good. i like the fact tim is back as well. hope tattoo guy comes back and lucy the shapeshifter

ReputationRep:
    I would love Rudy and Nathan to meet. :love: The battle for attention would be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was after the Simon/time travel story arc ended when the series started to go downhill.

But yeah Nathan>Rudy.

(Still love Joseph Gilgun)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Best episode in a LONG time tonight.

The scenes between the probation worker and Finn were amazing. It was Misfits at its finest and a real journey back to the first season. Finn is winning me over as a character and the 'Power of Love' scene may be one of my highlights from the entire five series. The storyline with Abby seemed a little forced and overwrought - but I guess they have to broaden the storylines away from Rudy (who has pretty much held the show together since series three).

Really good to see a return of the power scenes - and FINALLY one for Finn - and a great return of the dreaded shallow grave. Very funny in places (the "you okay?" line from Finn and the banter between Rudy and Alex were highlights) and I think the writers are really getting into their stride ahead of the climax.

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching it now. This probation worker-Finn romance is the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen. :rofl:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    So cringeworthy :yep:

Really enjoying purple hoody guy. Also want his hoody.

ReputationRep:
    The probation worker really loves 'The Power of Love' doesn't he? :lol: Him doing that song at karaoke was one of my favourite Misfits scenes ever so it was great to see it used again. It was interesting to see where Abby came from but I did get a bit bored by the story. Having the probation worker/Finn story happening at the same time lightened it up though. Alex as a character is really growing on me - I didn't like him much when he was with Jess but he was funny in this episode.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what'll happen next week and I hope Tim the GTA guy doesn't die.

ReputationRep:
    The lesbian scene was bit wow.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.