The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Good episode but I agree with a couple of posts above - they could have made the concept better. Simon could have secretly not sold his power, and the scene where he initially went in could be just to inquire. Then he could have turned invisible and kicked Jesus' ass.. increasing popularity for his character even more :O

But yeah I like how they've opened things up for the next season, different powers for each of them could add a zing to it. Curtis' one is now long gone right? so no time travelling..
erm is the jesus guy really dead? surely he bought nathans power of immortality? I dont think hes dead...
Reply 902
Original post by impossible!
but since Curtis turned back time Alisha must have just told him in the three month gap. I cant imagine her just telling him, seems too casual.

She was in love with the future Simon, and as a result falling for present Simon too. Simon is paranoid over everything, if she'd have just come along trying to get on him he would have been questioning everything, thinking something was wrong. The easiest way for them to get together was just for her to tell him everything. I think there would have been more to the conversation than: 'Oh by the way that superhoodie guy was you from the future, and we're going to be together, so let's get it on :sexface:'
Reply 903
Original post by hobo06

Original post by hobo06
More time travel where Nathan got her pregnant? :holmes:
Nah I'm sure that was just Nathan being Nathan. And I'm sure she would have recognised him.

I just had a thought, the guy that bought the rewind time power must have been really old to be able to rewind time far enough to a point where he and Hitler were both alive. Unless the guy that bought it didn't think about the fact that he would only be able to rewind to a point that he was alive.

That's what I thought. So he may end up returning the time-rewinding power. They need to rewind time somehow, otherwise they can't get Nikki back. Also, I assumed the Jesus guy bought the immortality power and don't think he's dead.
I think Simon's new power will be the ability to cancel out other powers. I mean, he touched Alisha when she still had her power, and the fact that she lost her power in the future shouldn't change anything.

Original post by Asha5692
Did he? That would be excellent news.

Unless Alisha told him anyway.
I think that part of his power will be immunity to other people with powers, like Alisha's, which would be why he would have been able to touch her when he came to the present.

Why would he be dead? This is in future Simon's past.

Well, because of getting shanked by the dairy guy and everything. But I guess, it can be explained by an alternate timeline.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MeanMachine
erm is the jesus guy really dead? surely he bought nathans power of immortality? I dont think hes dead...

nah. the power-seller guy still said he had "their" (Nathan/Kelly/Simon)'s power.

:yawn: i go to bed and i wake up to find a gzillion threads about the mechanics of time-travel, loving sex, and "dawkinism"?
Reply 906
I don't understand why the misfits bought their powers back: all they needed to do was get Curtis to go back in time, something he needed to do anyway to save his gf, and they'd still have their powers and "Jesus" wouldn't be so powerful.
Yeah but if Curtis does go back in time and save Nicky, it messes up everything. It means everyone's without their powers again, or if he goes back further than that then things will alter and won't have happened like they did.

I reckon Curtis is just not going to be able to use his power, because it's all unpredictable and all. Either that or Nicky will just turn up in the next series and we might have to give them some artistic license.

Also the characterisation of the pregnant girl was really weird, did anyone else think so? Just in terms of her implying that she slept around, but seemed really childish, haha. Strange.

Series' like this often get pretty poor by this point, glad (imo) Misfits is still pretty good. Hope Series 3 is just as good...
Reply 908
Awe, she grew up with Misfits! Daily Mail article.
Reply 909
Original post by ben788

Original post by ben788
I don't understand why the misfits bought their powers back: all they needed to do was get Curtis to go back in time, something he needed to do anyway to save his gf, and they'd still have their powers and "Jesus" wouldn't be so powerful.

Because he sold his power and somebody else bought it so he can't get it back.
I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!

If I had Curtis'/Jewish guy's power, I would take some drugs and fast forward to next series.

Is it really bad that I'm glad Nikki died?
I just watched the christmas episode. It wasn't as good as the last one IMO. I think in the next series, the gang will choose to get different powers, Simon willl be able to take himself back through the past. That would explain how in the beginning of series two, future simon was able to come to the past.

one question: what did the Jesus guy mean when he said "Mountain won't come to Muhammad"?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by gildartz
I think Simon's new power will be the ability to cancel out other powers. I mean, he touched Alisha when she still had her power, and the fact that she lost her power in the future shouldn't change anything.

Well, because of getting shanked by the dairy guy and everything. But I guess, it can be explained by an alternate timeline.

That's what I said :smile:
Oh yeah he did... But Alisha probably told him anyway, I was really confused about that one. In the episode where she told him I was so glad at the end when they went back in time.
Original post by G8D
She was hot, I miss her.

She wasn't that hot...plus once she opened her mouth her accent was horrid :puke:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
She wasn't that hot...plus once she opened her mouth her accent was horrid :puke:

Agree! I thought she was pretty but her accent and the way she spoke was awful.
For example, that scene that Curtis had already been into the future and seen, where she walks out onto the rooftop...looked gorgeous, until she said "I don't wanna get cum on my dress"...ruined it. :talkhand:
Original post by Antifazian
Agree! I thought she was pretty but her accent and the way she spoke was awful.
For example, that scene that Curtis had already been into the future and seen, where she walks out onto the rooftop...looked gorgeous, until she said "I don't wanna get cum on my dress"...ruined it. :talkhand:

I would choose Kelly's accent/vocab over hers any day...and that is saying something!
Original post by Prokaryotic_crap

one question: what did the Jesus guy mean when he said "Mountain won't come to Muhammad"?

never heard the expression "dont move the mountain to Muhammad, move Muhammad to the mountain"?
Original post by gildartz

Doesn't make sense. He could have done that to the GTA guy or Simon's ex. I think him having sex with her probably means he is immune to any lust power since essentially he's already had sex with her a couple of times.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I would choose Kelly's accent/vocab over hers any day...and that is saying something!

definitely!
Original post by Tobedotty
never heard the expression "dont move the mountain to Muhammad, move Muhammad to the mountain"?

no why?

Quick Reply

Latest