Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by MJay91)
    Yay! That means more pressies for me! Do you have any idea what's Kelly saying in that scene? I mean it's: ''R u tryna say summing.... and then?
    :dontknow: I'm from up north and I had to listen a couple of times. I think it's, "What, are trying to say summit now(?), then yeah."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    But then there are some practicalities with that.

So how fast are you going up there? Were you assuming you'd get super speed to go along with your flight? OK. Have you seen what a bird can do to a jet engine at high speed? Imagine what it does to your face. Yeah, that's why anything going faster than a hang glider has a windshield up there.

But if instead just you're flying at about the same speed you run, then, well, you're like that old couple that drives 25 on the interstate. The crime will be long over by the time your slow ass gets there.

But let's say you did get some kind of speed boost, and a bird-proof face. Do you know where you're going? Up there in the wild blue yonder, without landmarks, how do you expect to navigate? Do you have an exact map of the entire country in your head? Sure, you can find the Empire State building if that's where the bad guys are, but what if the crime is happening in some house way the **** out in the middle of nowhere, amid a tangle of looping country roads?

OK, so you get some kind of radar installed in your head. But now you have the atmosphere to deal with. Wind constantly blowing particles into your eyes and the freezing cold. Granted, you'd have to go up pretty high to get that effect, but you're not going to be a moron and fly where people can see you.

Oh, by the way, you might want to be careful what you wear. Not only is it cold enough to freeze your balls, but lower temperatures mean you're more of a conductor of electricity. It's like when you're walking home on a winter day, come in and shock the **** out of whatever you touch. Multiply that by say, a million. If you're wearing anything like wool--though we don't know what the Hell kind of superhero would wear wool anyway--you're going to be a human capacitor. If you happen to be a supervillain, we suggest working on your Palpatine voice so you can make one Hell of an entrance when you land.

sorry ta burst ya bubble love but

:creep:
    This should not be a problem :giggle:

I don't think i'd be very good at fighting crime anyway, i scare easy

I meant a gentle / floating type of flying, like a butterfly or a fairy, not like a jumbo jet. I wouldn't be using my flying to get around the world, just sort of hover around the place when i feel like it

Anyway, you didn't say how you are gunna get these powers :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onyx.)
    :dontknow: I'm from up north and I had to listen a couple of times. I think it's, "What, are trying to say summit now(?), then yeah."
    Ah, that makes sense now! Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimus777)

Anyway, you didn't say how you are gunna get these powers :holmes:
    well, there's this wonderful portrait of me that my good friend drew...

ReputationRep:
    well, there's this wonderful portrait of me that my good friend drew...

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    You gotta be on the ball if you want me as a date :ahee:

If only it was the same IRL :getmecoat:
    I wouldn't say I'm on the ball, I was just the only one online at the time :p:
    :console: I know the feeling. Don't worry there'll be someone out there for you...at least, that's what people keep telling me :sigh:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    I just don't have what it takes! :cry2:

And :zomg: Jay's Birthday. You forgot to mention this earlier!
    You totally have what it takes, just weren't stalking the thread enough!

(Original post by hobo06)
    I wouldn't say I'm on the ball, I was just the only one online at the time :p:
    :console: I know the feeling. Don't worry there'll be someone out there for you...at least, that's what people keep telling me :sigh:
    Well, if all else fails we have each other :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    I'll go without a date, and you can just whore me if you need some guy love.

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

:lolwut:
    Are you not happy with me turning into Dorian Gray?

ReputationRep:
    Are you not happy with me turning into Dorian Gray?
    No i just didn't understand what you were talking about If it's a reference to the book, i should tell you that i've never read it Is it any good?

PARTY tomorrow :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :blush:

(I'm not sure whether i'm going with Spacepirate James or not, it all got a bit confusing )

ReputationRep:
    No i just didn't understand what you were talking about If it's a reference to the book, i should tell you that i've never read it Is it any good?

PARTY tomorrow :woo:
    it's pretty fab. there's sex, and drugs, and murder and everything.

but it's also literary, so it's educational(-ish)

---

you're with me minimus :sexface:

---

also, MISFITSRIANZ,

i need help. some of my friends and I are having a condensed come dine with me thing, and I need to make the starter. what should I make?

nothing too simple, I do need to prove, as a man, that I can in fact cook something edible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Well, if all else fails we have each other :lovehug:
    Not if Roo gets in there first next time :sad:

ReputationRep:
    :blush:

(I'm not sure whether i'm going with Spacepirate James or not, it all got a bit confusing )
    Are you suggesting something here, mini :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have to uphold nobility and let space take this one if it's true :puppyeyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Still available to be whored.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:

Yay :kiss:

Hmmm, i shall read it then, once i finished the rest of my long reading list

ReputationRep:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised that the majority of the people on this thread are boys, which is wierd because hardly any of my guy friends watch misifts, but all of my girl friends do

I always thought of it as kind of a girly show, because of the focus on romance / relationships, but perhaps i was wrong...

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised that the majority of the people on this thread are boys, which is wierd because hardly any of my guy friends watch misifts, but all of my girl friends do

I always thought of it as kind of a girly show, because of the focus on romance / relationships, but perhaps i was wrong...

:holmes:
    We only watch it so we can be a part of groups such as this, and pry on the girls...imagine our disappointment when we found how few girls there actually were here!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    You'll just have to keep stalking me, and make sure I have a good time at this party

Are you suggesting something here, mini :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I have to uphold nobility and let space take this one if it's true :puppyeyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Still available to be whored.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :mmm:
    I'll find someone to whore you out to =D

---

---

also, MISFITSRIANZ,

i need help. some of my friends and I are having a condensed come dine with me thing, and I need to make the starter. what should I make?

nothing too simple, I do need to prove, as a man, that I can in fact cook something edible.
    Right I always think Bruschettas are a nice entrée
    http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show/come-dine-with-me-recipes/series-5/mediterranean-bruschetta-recipe

But then you could do something a bit different
    http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/tv-show/come-dine-with-me-recipes/series-11/crispy-chilli-chicken-recipe
    http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/popular-dishes/salad/classic-caesar-salad-with-grilled-chilli-prawns-recipe

ReputationRep:
    WE MADE IT TO NUMBER FOUR IN THE MOST POPULAR DISSCUSSIONS LIST!!!

:woo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.