Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Holiday for 16/17 year olds in South England Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, We are a group of 7 males, 2 females and 7 17 year olds and 2 16 year olds. we have been searching everywhere for places to go on hoilday in the first week of august. We would like to go to devon/cornwall and have looked through all the holiday parks and campsites and it seems like none would take us unless we've missed some. Does anyone know of a place? happy to stay in most places, hotels, cottages etc

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to go on holiday in England? I'd rather get hit by a car.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest Bude, or Newquay for areas to try, but It will be very hard to find places that may accept your age-group.

The thing about those areas is they're surfing hotspots, so may be used to young people staying.

:dontknow: worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, had a look at holiday parks in bude but they wouldn't take us

ReputationRep:
    Cornwall! We went to Fowey, and it was fantastic. There were 7 or 8 of us, and we shared two houses next to each other. I'd highly recommend it!

ReputationRep:
    Friends of mine went to Newquay last summer, all at about 17 years old and thay had a great time... I'm not 100% of exactly where they went though sorry, I just know it was Newquay.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Campsite in woolacome, Devon will take anyone over 16. Only six pound a night, reviews don't look too Jazzy but I've been there and it's all been done up and is ok It's at the top of a hill to the beach/town but if you don't mind a walk/drive its goof. And there is a goregoues cafe in wooly that does amazing waffles!
    X

ReputationRep:
    Opps forgot to say the name. . What a plank Little Roadway Farm

ReputationRep:
    newquay is fun. but tbh i hate a bunch of drunken 16 year olds litterin the place and screamin and shouting in the middle of the street. stay in the city if thats all you wana do.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a look at that, thanks. my mate is desperate to go to Woolacombe but we'd given up on it

ReputationRep:
    It says on the website, http://www.littleroadway.co.uk/rules.html, that they don't accept any groups under 18

ReputationRep:
    I've looked on the website for that campsite but it says it doesn't accept groups under 18

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you want...
    Newquay is more fun, but if you arn't fond of chavs then you may not want to stay there.
    I went to perranporth, has a huge beach with good surfing and such like. Bit of a boring place, but the bus to newquay or truro is really cheap.

And i think Perran Sands campsite is pretty huge.
    Or the YHA hostel if it is available.

ReputationRep:
    i have stayed here twice http://www.surfparadise.co.uk/index.htm when I was under 18 and without an accompanying adult, when I was 14 and 16. Really nice, practically on the beach and a 5 minute walk into croyde.

ReputationRep:
    Campsite called Zoar in Cornwall, near Goonhilly, took me and a group of about eight 17 year olds. There's a website I think, it's not hugely equipped - there's a shower, toilet, and an outdoor tap - but it's near to loads of places to do stuff. I remember it being pretty cheap as well - something like £5 a night each? Don't quote me on that though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STAteen)
    Hi, We are a group of 7 males, 2 females and 7 17 year olds and 2 16 year olds. we have been searching everywhere for places to go on hoilday in the first week of august. We would like to go to devon/cornwall and have looked through all the holiday parks and campsites and it seems like none would take us unless we've missed some. Does anyone know of a place? happy to stay in most places, hotels, cottages etc
    there is a place called smugglers haven in newquay they take this age group

ReputationRep:
    what were the cottages called??? me and my friends are looking for somewhere exactly like this! but cant seem to find it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.