Turn on thread page Beta

Should i buy a Cartier Tank or a Rolex Prince? watch

ReputationRep:
    The question says it all, i am looking for a nice casual watch. I've got 20k to burn...

The Rolex Prince

The Cartier

(Sorry, i have no idea on how to adjust the size of pictures on the forum)

ReputationRep:
    The Cartier.

ReputationRep:
    You should get a chopard and give the other 16k to me

ReputationRep:
    The Cartier.

ReputationRep:
    Get the rolex. Though if i was burning 20k, i wouldn't really base my decision on what a bunch of 17 year olds who couldn't scrape £200 together think.

ReputationRep:
    wait for pinkpoint

ReputationRep:
    The Tank's a classic, but a bit dull IMO

If you've got £20k to burn though, surely it'd be better spent on something like the deposit on a flat or tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    The Cartier.
    (Original post by lackofcolour)
    The Cartier.
    Why do you think the Cartier is a better choice?

ReputationRep:
    Neither - you should buy me a pony instead.

ReputationRep:
    £10 on a digital, rubber-strap Casio and £19,990 on coke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rule Britannia!)
    Why do you think the Cartier is a better choice?
    The gold colour has a better tone, and the time adjusting knob thingy on the side looks cool with the ruby blue tip :yep: In my opinion anyway.

ReputationRep:
    20k you could travel the world, or in your case look at the time and think at this time i could be in viet nam, thailand etc. More than likely if youve got 20k to burn you can afford to do this aswell. *******

ReputationRep:
    what a waste of money

ReputationRep:
    buy the one which makes your **** look the biggest:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Neither - you should buy me a pony instead.
    Must be an expensive pony... What can it do? Does it sing "God save the Queen" or something? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    The question says it all, i am looking for a nice casual watch. I've got 20k to burn...

The Rolex Prince

The Cartier

(Sorry, i have no idea on how to adjust the size of pictures on the forum)
    The Rolex imo :yep:

Also you're going to get ripped apart by TSR for spending 20k on a watch :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    If you must, the cartier. The gold is nicer, and the roman numeral dial suits the face size better than the double dial.

Magnificent time piece, though I can't avoid the feeling you're taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    The Rolex imo :yep:

Also you're going to get ripped apart by TSR for spending 20k on a watch :sadnod:
    People can be... Sad...! Come on, i earned this money like everyone, what i do with it is my choice, all i am asking for is some advice, are they going to burn me as a witch?

ReputationRep:
    People can be... Sad...! Come on, i earned this money like everyone, what i do with it is my choice, all i am asking for is some advice, are they going to burn me as a witch?
    It's the internet, it attracts the crazies :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    If I was getting a Prince, I wouldn't get a vintage one like the one pictured. The new one is a great looking watch, especially in rose gold

It's a unique looking watch, and one you'll never see on anyone else's wrist - not so with the Tank. It's also the only watch in the Rolex range with a display back, and has a chronometer rated manual wind movement, another unique characteristic for a Rolex. The Tanks tend to use a quartz movement, they retail for around £5k for the full 18 Ct model, though you can get some excellent deals on them if you go to the right places - they're closing quite a few outlets at the moment, so you can expect some hefty discount. If you want to spend the full £20k, you might want to consider 18Ct models from the Rolex Oyster range - you should be able to get pretty much any 18Ct one, as long as you don't start specifying diamonds. For that kind of price, you might want to consider Patek Phillippe, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet etc., they take it to the next level as far as watchmaking's concerned.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.