Turn on thread page Beta

Should i buy a Cartier Tank or a Rolex Prince? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you have £20k to burn you shouldn't be giving a damn about what a group of students think.

If you don't have £20k to burn and this is what you do for kicks you need to seriously re-evaluate your life.

ReputationRep:
    Rolex Prince all the way

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Cartier of them two, but personally, spending anything over a hundred pound on a watch, I refuse to look at anything that isn't incredibly sturdy, and definetly not with a leather strap! At 20 grand, those really don't seem worth it to be honest with you. I know it's personal preference though.

ReputationRep:
    ******** you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Monkey)
    I'd say Cartier of them two, but personally, spending anything over a hundred pound on a watch, I refuse to look at anything that isn't incredibly sturdy, and definetly not with a leather strap! At 20 grand, those really don't seem worth it to be honest with you. I know it's personal preference though.
    They're nowhere near £20k, the Cartier in full 18Ct is around the £4k mark, whilst the new Prince is around the £9k mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    buy the one which makes your **** look the biggest:yep:

I think the idea is to wear it on your wrist.

ReputationRep:
    For that amount I'd go for a Breguet. They have made some of the nicest watches I have ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpont)
    They're nowhere near £20k, the Cartier in full 18Ct is around the £4k mark, whilst the new Prince is around the £9k mark
    I should imagine that probably has something to do with it then :p:

I still wouldn't feel comfortable with those though. They look like a good trip, and it'll be straight off your arm.

ReputationRep:
    If I was getting a Prince, I wouldn't get a vintage one like the one pictured. The new one is a great looking watch, especially in rose gold

It's a unique looking watch, and one you'll never see on anyone else's wrist - not so with the Tank. It's also the only watch in the Rolex range with a display back, and has a chronometer rated manual wind movement, another unique characteristic for a Rolex. The Tanks tend to use a quartz movement, they retail for around £5k for the full 18 Ct model, though you can get some excellent deals on them if you go to the right places - they're closing quite a few outlets at the moment, so you can expect some hefty discount. If you want to spend the full £20k, you might want to consider 18Ct models from the Rolex Oyster range - you should be able to get pretty much any 18Ct one, as long as you don't start specifying diamonds. For that kind of price, you might want to consider Patek Phillippe, Vacheron Constantin, Breguet etc., they take it to the next level as far as watchmaking's concerned.

That watch is ******* awesome.

ReputationRep:
    20K on a watch?
    How old are you?

Tbh, I do not believe someone who would be spending 20k on a watch would bother asking advice on a student forum so you must be bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    I think the idea is to wear it on your wrist.
    why would anyone want to make their wrist look bigger :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or do those look like Ladies' watches in those photos? Not Pinkpoint's, but the OPs?

ReputationRep:
    Cartier!

ReputationRep:
    If I was getting a Prince, I wouldn't get a vintage one like the one pictured. The new one is a great looking watch, especially in rose gold

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    You are utterly devoid of class.

ReputationRep:
    I think i'll go for the Cartier watch! Its classy and can be worn with anything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rule Britannia!)
    I think i'll go for the Cartier watch! Its classy and can be worn with anything!
    Will it match your signet ring?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.