Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was traveling around europe in june 2009, when I met this guy from London in a hostel in Paris. I later started to regret that I didn't ask for his email so I could contact him later, since he seemed like a smart guy. We had a great conversation and it would be nice to have a contact in London. The problem is, I don't remember his exact name nor anything else apart from what he looked like, that he lived in London and studied medicine and psychology there in an university. Again, I don't even know where in London CAN you study these subjects, so maybe I'm asking in the wrong place.

I think his name was David (I could be wrong). He had black, uncut, curly hair and a beard. I think he was 25 years old. He was about 5 feet 9 to 6 feet tall (that's around 175 to 180cm. Sorry, I'm not sure which system you use in the UK). Thin. Green, maybe blue eyes? Good looking. He was wearing a red and black horizontally striped shirt and maybe dark jeans. Now, if you're his girlfriend or boyfriend you can tell me anyway, as I'm not looking for him to stick my **** in him. You don't have to be gay to tell if a guy is handsome or not.

He told me he studied medicine and psychology. If I recall right, medicine was his main subject (I'm not sure how your educational system works, so I could be describing ********) and had opted to study psychology as a secondary subject for some time. He was interested in insanity, and we talked how homeless or poor people seemed in a sort of way even more "broken" than in other cities.

I don't remember the name of the hostel we were staying. I'll look it up later among the exact days later. What I do remember was that it was the cheapest one we could find and also a dump, with poor premises and poor service from the staff. We met in a laundry nearby and he explained to me and my friend how the washing machines worked. We found out that we were staying in the same hostel and stroke up conversation while we waited for our laundry to finish. My friend left to find water to drink so we stayed there by the two of us and talked.

I was trying then to enter Helsinki university to study theoretic philosophy and we started to discuss the philosophy of mathematics, Ludwig Wittgenstein, early 20th century scene of analytical philosophy, the human mind and insanity and art. I remember that we talked what is understood about art and what it originally was (depiction of the environment) and how some of the greatest artist geniuses of say the renaissance had broken the chronological distance and did something else than just painting what they saw. As an example I talked about Da Vinci and the oddities of the Mona Lisa, which is not simply a picture of a model, but has some other levels to it.

He told me that he and his friend were looking for some tunnels underneath paris which were kind of secret and not everyone knew how to get to them. Apparently artists and all sorts of undergroundish people gather there to have parties, so he and his friends were looking for a way to get to them. We had no idea so we couldn't help him.

Afterwards we went with my friend to drink with some americans and two canadians which ended up being annoying as **** and also poor drinkers, so I've regretted afterwards even more that we didn't stick with David, or whoever he is, and his friends. It was our last day in Paris and I never saw him again.

Myself, I am a 20 year old Finnish guy. My name is Mikael (or Michael, I don't remember which name I introduced myself with). I am 6 feet 3 (190cm) and at the time had long curly brown hair, which I kept in a ponytail. My friend was 5 feet 9 and had long black hair. We were both wearing dark clothes.

If you know who I am talking about or have an idea and if you know where you can study his subjects or know anything else that might help me, please, tell me. Also, is this the right forum section for this?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You met me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judicious)
    You met me.
    Liar - it was obviously Kele Okereke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juanmodesto)
    Liar - it was obviously Kele Okereke.
    I am Kele Okereke.

:cool:

P.S. who's kele okereke?

OP, I don't think you'll get useful replies, until the 'right' person reads this and knows what you're talking about...
    facebook isn't useful either as you don't know his surename :erm:

Hopefully you'll find him... good luck :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikaelL)
    Hello,

He had black, uncut, curly hair and .. He was wearing a red and black horizontally striped shirt
    Not Kele - what was I thinking? It's obviously Denis the Menace!

ReputationRep:
    Studying medicine and psychology sounds a little unlikely, just because medicine tends not to be a degree with joint honours (someone correct me if I'm wrong). It is possible he studied psychology, and changed to medicine as a postgrad?

Other than that can't help, just sounded odd to me.

ReputationRep:
    Must not coolstorybro must not coolstorybro..

fnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggghhhhhh

COOOOL STORY BROOOOOOoooooooohgod that felt good.

ReputationRep:
    I think you just described about 1000 people in London taking medicine.

ReputationRep:
    This is a job for the Metro newspaper. :ahee:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.