Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I always like to use liquid eyeliner but im having trouble finding a good one. I read on the internet that maybelline line definer was really good, but I bought it and was really disappointed. It rubs off during the day without me having to do anything, and isnt great to apply. Ive alsy used Collection 2000...cant remember the name of it, but that tended to flake off.

Anyone got one thats easy to apply, and doesnt rub off really easily? Price isnt really an issue, im willing to pay if it works!!

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel Exaggerate. As long as you don't go rubbing your eyes all the time, it's as black in the evening as it is in the morning.

Love that stuff. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Loreal paris super liner
    http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/cosmet...per-liner.aspx

I got it as a tester when i bought other loreal products before so i don't know how much it costs but it has never rubbed off and has a slight metallic sheen to it. Check it out.

ReputationRep:
    My mum bought mine... Prestige I think it was called, it has glittery bits in it as well as the black liquid liner. I've found that it tends to break up after a day's wear but I'm still practising with it and I might be applying it too thickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarinaM)
    Rimmel Exaggerate.
    I swear by this. And it's so surprising because it's not expensive at all. Much better than the designer brands I've tried.

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel Exaggerate. As long as you don't go rubbing your eyes all the time, it's as black in the evening as it is in the morning.

Love that stuff. :love:

This isn't the case for me anyway. I rarely wear liquid eyeliner, but when I do I use Rimmel Exaggerate and if I put it on at 9am, it's usually sliding off by around 1pm and smudges all over my eyelid. I've tried it on a bare eyelid, and on top of an eyelid with a 'base' of foundation to help it stay but it just won't. And if I sleep with it on, I wake up in the morning to find that there are no traces of it except a few little black smudges at the corners of my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the collection 2000 stuff flakes off the rimmel one with the short felt tip brush is really good, i think it's like marinam said, the exaggerate one

ReputationRep:
    Mac boot black, it's perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)

This isn't the case for me anyway. I rarely wear liquid eyeliner, but when I do I use Rimmel Exaggerate and if I put it on at 9am, it's usually sliding off by around 1pm and smudges all over my eyelid. I've tried it on a bare eyelid, and on top of an eyelid with a 'base' of foundation to help it stay but it just won't. And if I sleep with it on, I wake up in the morning to find that there are no traces of it except a few little black smudges at the corners of my eyes.
    :dontknow: I put it on at seven this morning, and it's still as present now as it was then.

Maybe eyeliner fairies are spoiling your eyeliner. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: I put it on at seven this morning, and it's still as present now as it was then.

Maybe eyeliner fairies are spoiling your eyeliner. :p:
    Darn those eyeliner fairies! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel Exaggerate :love:

ReputationRep:
    I use sephora eyeliner i got in france, the brush is AMAZING sooo much more precise then the normal brush that comes with most other eyeliners. Doesnt come off unless you make a conscious effort to constantly rub your eyes. Theres probably a better make with the same brush tho, i think sephora closed down in England?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Darn those eyeliner fairies! :rolleyes:
    They're obviously jealous of that really pretty photo you put on TSR, and wanted to get back at you.

ReputationRep:
    Barry M, every day
    It's just the perfect consistency and length of brush.
    I use the Clinique ones sometimes, but just if i need some real precision..
    The Bad gal Lash one from Benefit was the best i'd ever used, but they stopped it

ReputationRep:
    Collection 2000 waterproof liquid eyeliner. I dont trust Rimmel.
    I love Max Factor glide and define, but the nib has gone abit dry, hence the reason I bought the Collection 2000.

ReputationRep:
    If I know one thing about anything its this, ( way to big myself up there -_-; ) I've been using liquid eyeliner since I was 12.

Rimmel Exaggerate

it's about £5, and it's nice and thick and it goes on really easily, I use it for the tops of my eyes, and you can do nice catflicks or whatever with it. However it does tend to have rubbed off a little at the end of the day.

Collection 2000 Fast Stroke

This is a bit cheaper at about £3. It's thinner so great for precision, I use it for my bottom lid or when I'm using eyeliner on top of eyeshadow. I guess this takes a little experience to get used to but once you've been using it a while you can use it standing up in about 2 minutes.
    It stays on brilliantly as far as I've experienced. The brush is a bit hard when it's new, which I must admit is annoying but after a few uses it's perfect. Definitely worth the £3.

I use both of these, but if you're not used to liquid eyeliner it can be difficult to put on so I'd say use Rimmel

ReputationRep:
    Boujouis (sp?) do a really cool eyeliner that's like a felt tip (remember those crayola "paintbrush" effect felt tips?) it stays on really well and is accurate to apply. I got mine in boots.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how you guys do it.
    Everytime I try I either end up looking like a fool or poking myself in the eye :emo:
    Damn my shaky hands!

ReputationRep:
    MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack with my own liner brush.
    Lasts all day and all night, and is so easy to handle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Mac boot black, it's perfect.
    FTW!!!! :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep:
    :p: sorry

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.