Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Leeds! Third year going, no matter the lineup I'm sure it'll be great fun Never had anything massively important nicked, thankfully, but nearly everyone else I go with does. Best one was someone who stole one wellie on Sunday night in '08, no idea what they wanted with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missdee)
    I'm always tempted to get tickets for Coachella in California but never quite dare. Has anyone been?
    I'd love that!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    My dad put my mums and his money and phones in his shorts pockets at a festival once when they were asleep and someone took it from there!
    I think if someone has chosen you, then you are going to lose some stuff.
    Wow, that sucks

But I can't think of many better ways to protect your stuff... I would argue most thieves don't pick a target but just go from tent to tent looking for easy targets.

Plus, you should never ever ever put anything in the bottom of your sleeping bag! That's the prime area, unless you sleep with your head at the opening of the tent. Everyone always gets stuff taken from the bottom of their sleeping bags.
    But... how? At least with my sleeping bag the zip is at the top, which means that they would have to go right up to your head, unzip the sleeping bag and then take whatever. Or take a pair of scissors. Neither seems an easy solution unless they're relying on you to be an incredibly heavy sleeper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BraNNers18)
    Global Gathering.

Expect these:

Moby
    Orbital
    Chicane
    Daft Punk
    The Prodigy

and...

Armin Van Buuren. Obviously.

If dance festivals aren't welcomed in this thread, then I'll go for Leeds
    Global Gathering - YES. Last year was supposed to be the most disappointing one yet, but it was still a class above any other festival I've been to. Armin, Markus Schulz, and the best set I've heard in my life by Menno De Jong all in one night!

Also going to Creamfields, possibly Wakestock, and something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lareneg)
    But... how? At least with my sleeping bag the zip is at the top, which means that they would have to go right up to your head, unzip the sleeping bag and then take whatever. Or take a pair of scissors. Neither seems an easy solution unless they're relying on you to be an incredibly heavy sleeper...
    Yeah that's what i used to think, but they just cut them open at the bottom..i've seen it done, and read about it thousands of times. =/
    Festivals are chancy places to be!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what i used to think, but they just cut them open at the bottom..i've seen it done, and read about it thousands of times. =/
    Festivals are chancy places to be!
    Fair enough. Keep them in the MIDDLE of your sleeping bag! That'd throw them. :yep:

//EDIT: I probably personally wouldn't actually take a wallet. You could just put money and ID (for alcohol) in your pants XD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missrosiex)
    i fell in love with you futher as i proceeded through the list!

Ozora, :love:
    ,mate went last year and he said there was litrally so much acid there people just give it away :woo:x
    *high five*

If Fullmoon isn't cancelled again (like last year) and there are no more tornados at Bearded Theory, it should be a good summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lareneg)
    Did you read my post? :P

I seriously doubt that a thief would actually go into your pillowcase or somehow try to get into the bottom of your sleeping bag in the offchance they'd find something valuable.

I was saying that with a bag (as you cannot viably put that in your pillowcase or sleeping bag) might be worth chaining to the leg of a bunk if you're on a sleeper train.
    Don't patronise me. You're the one suggesting people take laptops to festivals :p: Again as I said thieves would do anything, my friends didn't leave their stuff in their tent wide open, thieves know where to check. You shouldn't even be taking things that valuable in the first place, if you've got something that big I suggest carrying it with you or holding it in your sleeping bag whilst you're asleep. What would be so large and valuable you'd have to keep it in your bag? It shouldn't really need to carry more than clothes, toilet roll and maybe washing stuff. Its just plain idiotic to leave your camera in your bag.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majikthise)
    Beautiful Days, Bearded Theory, Fullmoon (Berlin), Ozora (Hungary) and possibly one of the metal festivals if I get the money together.
    How bizarre I live in the village where beautiful days is and can see it from the house, and yet I have never been properly!!

Il be doing Glasto and V so far, awaiting Reading eagerly as well!!

ReputationRep:
    Sonispheeeeeeere. Rammstein and Maiden :sogood:

Hopefully Beautiful Days too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beatrix Potter)
    How bizarre I live in the village where beautiful days is and can see it from the house, and yet I have never been properly!!

Il be doing Glasto and V so far, awaiting Reading eagerly as well!!
    Why not???
    It's a brilliant festival, far fewer ********s than Reading etc so you don't have to worry about thieves or getting blown up by gas canisters and there are a zillion great bands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Deliberately trying to make me jealous? :huff:
    did it work? :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Reading festival for me, already got my tickets!

ReputationRep:
    I've never fancied Leeds/Reading.
    A few of my friends went to Leeds last year but had to come home on the Friday because 4 of them had money stolen out of their tents while they were asleep. They've vowed to not go back but I guess it happens at all festivals.
    And that is why anything valuable goes in your sleeping bag where people would have a bloody hard time stealing it! Also, keeping your tent messy means that a thief will not be able to pinpoint where valuables might be easily hidden and they won't bother looking. It's worked fine for me.

Anyway, i'm not going to any festivals this year at the moment. I've got 7 weeks of fieldwork and i have no idea when it's happening at the moment (it could go anywhere in the summer holidays it wanted to) so i didn't book any tickets. I may end up working at Reading if i can. I really want to go to Glastonbury but that's a no go date wise for me this year which is sad (specially because muse are strongly rumoured to be playing and i love muse).

ReputationRep:
    Who's going to one this year?

I've just paid off the balance of my Glastonbury ticket...can't wait
    Good choice, will have a great line up. I will be rocking away at Creamfields, in the Goodgreef Tent :p:

ReputationRep:
    V Festival last year was amazing! And i vowed to go again.. but the guy i met can't go and he was one fo the reasons.. cause we wanted a catch up. AND it's £180 I could spend on something else... which would last longer. I'm thinking maybe a cheaper festival cause although the bands won't be as good... live music pretty much gives me the buzz anywhere, just cause it's live.

ReputationRep:
    East London Melaaa!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also going to Glasto
    3rd year running, plus I used to go every year when i was a little girl.
    Love it!

ReputationRep:
    Reading festival for me this year
    My first time and I'm so excited!!
    Who do we reckon's gonna be headlining this year? I've heard lots of rumours about Blink 182.
    :rave:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    did it work? :smug:
    :sadnod:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.