Turn on thread page Beta

Common Perceptions of different Musical Genres? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bannage)
    I know this is meant to be a thread of misconceptions. But my god lyrically Hip Hop surpasses any other genre lyrically
    But it's all *****es and hoes! I assumed we were just sticking to your average mainstream, radio friendly varieties here. Of which everything of every genre is terrible, but there we go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    But it's all *****es and hoes! I assumed we were just sticking to your average mainstream, radio friendly varieties here. Of which everything of every genre is terrible, but there we go.
    Well thats not true. The top Hip Hop song on the Billboard Hot 100 is about the artist's love for his home city of New York. That aint exactly bithces and hoes is it? Not to mention that this rapper has multiple albums that have achieved "universal acclaim" on metacritic so I wouldn't exactly say everything in the genre is terrible:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Metal - The music is very diverse, once you have found the good bands of metal then you'll appreciate the hassle of going through thousands of ***** metal bands to get to the good ones. However, the 'culture' surrounding it all is utter ********, metalheads, the majority of them are greasy drunken *******s that feel like they have to 'metal the **** out' and hurt people at gigs. The stereotypical metalhead loves Slayer, Machine Head and all other thrashy crap and when you say this to them they get butt hurt because deep down, they know that what I have said is right. Do they not know there are bands other than Slayer to listen to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bannage)
    Well thats not true. The top Hip Hop song on the Billboard Hot 100 is about the artist's love for his home city of New York. That aint exactly bithces and hoes is it? Not to mention that this rapper has multiple albums that have achieved "universal acclaim" on metacritic so I wouldn't exactly say everything in the genre is terrible:rolleyes:
    Chillax, brah.
    Seriously, I love music of every genre, there's very little I would call terrible and actually mean it. It's just a sweeping stereotype of all things mainstream hip hop, and lets be fair, there always some "*****es and hoes" type song going on in the charts as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    Metal - The music is very diverse, once you have found the good bands of metal then you'll appreciate the hassle of going through thousands of ***** metal bands to get to the good ones. However, the 'culture' surrounding it all is utter ********, metalheads, the majority of them are greasy drunken *******s that feel like they have to 'metal the **** out' and hurt people at gigs. The stereotypical metalhead loves Slayer, Machine Head and all other thrashy crap and when you say this to them they get butt hurt because deep down, they know that what I have said is right. Do they not know there are bands other than Slayer to listen to?
    And Hell Awaits is the best Slayer album.

oooooooh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)

pop - bands such as blur and pulp are the true masters of pop, however the word pop in a contemporary sense describes a 'generic', heavily edited and easy-listening type of music
    Word :cool:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.