Turn on thread page Beta

your bf hits you - your reaction? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've seen this for years with my mum and dad...thankfully they're not together anymore but after seeing what happened to my mum, the first thing I would do is get him out of my house AND my life. That was the problem with my mum. She let him off the first time and so it continued for near on 15 years.
    Similar to this, except they are still together.

ReputationRep:
    Drop my knickers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I would hit him back and then leave. I know two wrongs dont make a right, but it would make me feel a lot better.
    What's the point, it wouldn't hurt him anyway, women are gentically weaker :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    haha I like how everyone's saying "hit him back" I've met quite a lot of girls in my time and maybe 4 out of all I've met would be able to hold their own, all the rest would cower and cry. I'm not saying it's right for a guy to hit a girl, but in like 95% of cases the guy could totally tear a girl to pieces in a fight so it seems pretty dumb to hit back.

i would rather seem 'pretty dumb' and give as good as i get than be a cowering crying punchbag, not a chance in hell would i just sit there and take it

ReputationRep:
    Smack him right back and shout until I lost my voice. I'm one of those weirdos that loves a good violent slanging match.

ReputationRep:
    If I was the girl, I'd consider myself newly single.

ReputationRep:
    Sexually equality. What would you do if a girl hit you? fair is fair...

ReputationRep:
    Cry and hopefully never speak to him again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i would rather seem 'pretty dumb' and give as good as i get than be a cowering crying punchbag, not a chance in hell would i just sit there and take it
    Most guys wouldn't randomly beat up their girlfriend, they might get angry and maybe hit once which is more the scenario I was envisaging - in which case, further angering him by hitting back would really make the situation a lot worse. Of course if he really went for you then try to hit back, but again, most girls haven't a chance. My whole point is that you couldn't "give as good" as you got.

ReputationRep:
    To physically attack is a fool's game.
    If such a situation would arise, I'd psychologically attack her and seek revenge that would mentally scar her much longer than any slap/punch would.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I love her really :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I would leave him. End of.

ReputationRep:
    I would walk out and never speak to him again.

I wouldn't hit him back because then he might do worse to me seeing as hes already shown hes capable of it.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't hit him back, that's for sure.

I'd get annihilated.

But, I'd probably be in utter shock, not knowing quite what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Most guys wouldn't randomly beat up their girlfriend, they might get angry and maybe hit once which is more the scenario I was envisaging - in which case, further angering him by hitting back would really make the situation a lot worse. Of course if he really went for you then try to hit back, but again, most girls haven't a chance. My whole point is that you couldn't "give as good" as you got.

:rofl: i dont think you realise how strong i actually am

whether he hit me once or hit me a few times i would still hit back

ReputationRep:
    I'd be thinking I deserve that slap for being a ****** and having a bf in the first place :mmm::getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's Ken!)
    Sexually equality. What would you do if a girl hit you? fair is fair...
    what if you were a bloke and ur GF hit you? Or what would a girl do if a girl hit them? If it was girl on girl...cat fight.:p:

If boyfriend getting hit by girlfriend. Well personally I'd just restrain her best I could without hurting her, if she started scratching/stamping on my feet etc too much. I'd shove her away and leave, no point making it more heated and do something I'd regret and get into trouble for.

(since no one would care the girl started, even if she was wearing heels and broke a few toes by stomping on you, a mark on her and you'd be the evil one.:yep: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    :rofl: i dont think you realise how strong i actually am

whether he hit me once or hit me a few times i would still hit back
    So you fall into the 5% evidently, my point still stands for the other 95% (which if you read what I posted I clearly said most not all).

ReputationRep:
    You're 100% right but a fair amount of people would probably hit back as a reflex.

Accept the just punishment I recieved for leaving the kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    I would be shocked and too scared to do anything, i'd probably start crying not knowing what to do.........
    awww :o:

that's kind of a fear of mine. I've never been violent, not had a fight in my life so not sure how I'd get so worked up as to hit someone but if in some mega row I snapped and pushed my girlfriend over, or hit her or something. I'd probably start crying because of the shock of it and being so regretful right there and then! We'd both be on the floor sobbing not knowing what to do.:o:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.