Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Most guys wouldn't randomly beat up their girlfriend, they might get angry and maybe hit once which is more the scenario I was envisaging - in which case, further angering him by hitting back would really make the situation a lot worse. Of course if he really went for you then try to hit back, but again, most girls haven't a chance. My whole point is that you couldn't "give as good" as you got.
    No you probably wouldn't "give as good" as you got but there's no way I'd stand there and take it. If for example they got angry and slapped me round the face I would try and hurt them back, probably by kicking them in the balls. Just because I haven't got a chance doesn't mean I'm going down without a fight.

ReputationRep:
    In all seriousness, I doubt I could hold my own against most of the guys I'd been with, unless I got in a swift kick to the nuts and ran. My main reaction would be to get out of there as soon as possible, especially if I was alone. In public passers by tend to be more than willing to step in for a damsell in distress.

An utter **** once hit me in a club because I objected to him grinding on me. Luckily he left almost imediately after seeing the murderous glares on my friends' faces, and I ran to the toilets. I don't think I would have been able to fight back by myself. Before that I would have probably said "oh yeah I'd hit him back" but most girls aren't strong enough to really defend themselves.

If I had to and I could, I'd probably key his face or something like that, so I could get away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    I lol'd!

you might think you're strong, but when put against a male, you have no chance :fyi:

no sweetheart i dont think, i know

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably just freeze up, staring at them in silence.

Once my brain started working again, I'd be out of there - or they would - in as little time as possible. I know I wouldn't hit them back: if I even thought of it in the moment I'd be too scared to risk provoking them further, since at 5'2" I'm not exactly well-equipped to defend myself. If they became really violent (say, repeated hitting, dragging me by the hair, or worse) I'd probably just end up in a beaten mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    no sweetheart i dont think, i know
    I believe you sweetie pie sugar plum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i would smack him back, i dont put up with that ****
    This.

And I did punch my ex in the nose when he was shouting abuse at me once.

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriends housemate got hit by a guy in a club when she refused his advances and the whole club basically erupted and started laying into the guy. Even the bouncers were getting a few punches in before throwing him out onto the street.

I guess the above example is what would happen when a guy punches a girl whilst in public. Not sure what happens in a domestic setting though.

ReputationRep:
    Kill him. :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    This.

And I did punch my ex in the nose when he was shouting abuse at me once.
    Walking away is soooo hard :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    Walking away is soooo hard :rolleyes:
    When you live together and he can just follow you, yeah.

I did feel really bad about it and cleaned up the blood etc... God that makes me sound even worse... he has weak membranes in his nose if he didn't I'm betting he wouldn't have even bled.

I felt really, really bad though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    When you live together and he can just follow you, yeah.

I did feel really bad about it and cleaned up the blood etc... God that makes me sound even worse... he has weak membranes in his nose if he didn't I'm betting he wouldn't have even bled.

I felt really, really bad though...
    Leave the house, then. And yeah you should feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    I wonder if all the hit them backs would be the same if it was a woman who hit a man first....
    I'd hope so, but probably not the case irl...the male response would probably be a lot more lethal!

It's weird how little boys are taught not to hit girls in particular, it should be a case of only hit someone if you really, really have to. I also hate it when I see women slapping men in public and then joking about it and looking proud, who do they think they are? Hitting your partner is a big no-no for both genders!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    girls if your bf hit you in a heated argument how would you react?
    I'd dump his ass.

ReputationRep:
    Hit him back. Then kick him out or leave.

ReputationRep:
    M gna cry my eyes out, not in disbelief but in the way he's eyes were b4 he hit me. if yall see suming like hate nd anger, there's bound 2 b a next time.
    but begging immediately wiv alot of sorries, oh Lord, the kinda things i do for love, i'd front a bit nd say accept the apologies weeks later.
    do it the next time nd his **** gon b in a blender. dnt take no **** twice from nobody

ReputationRep:
    Clearly leave him, but if i was feeling real bitter about it i'd tell/show his friend's and family what he'd done and publicly embarrass him - that way you can be pretty sure he wouldn't dare do it again.. to anyone..

ReputationRep:
    I doubt I'd hit him back because I don't really want to start a physical fight with an angry man - I think I'd come off worse! I'd just walk out and never speak to or see him again.

i wouldn't do anything to exasserbate the situation by hitting them back. i'd get away as quickly as possible. then suprise hima few days later with a visit from 'the boy's'. they'd get their come upence (sp?!).

ReputationRep:
    Chin him I don't take that violent **** from guys :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to say I'd hit him back, but as others have said, I can hold my own to a point, I'm not sure I can handle a grown man in a rage laying into me. I would scream & shout at the top of my voice, burst into tears & leave. I would then probably call my dad. He's an ex-paratrooper.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.