Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    That's different

If your boyfriend trained and did martial arts then you probably wouldn't clobber them
    I would have more balls to defend and attack than most women. I'm quite confident in the ring.
    To be honest, I think most men are a little intimidated by my size and height and wouldnt go out with me in the first place. Which is a shame really (to be really easily demasculated), but there are some blokes who dont mind and are comfortable enough in themselves not to be threatened by things like that.
    My ex was taller than me and weighed so much more than me but because his exes were petite women, he said at first my height and build was a bit intimidating, which was quite amusing.
    I think guys who want a punchbag as a girlfriend would rather choose someone little and vulnerable looking, so the odds of me being in a domestic violence relationship are probably a lot lower than most.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't stand for it, and would leave him. Without a doubt. Unless I'd done something REALLY bad to make him angry. it would have to be really bad though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    lmao

win
    But maybe she wasn't kidding? xD

What the **** :eek:, where's the knife :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If I was a girl, i would pretend to find it a turn on, go down on him AND RIP HIS HAIRY BALLS OFF WITH MY TEETH. but as i am a guy, and I dont really like guys in that way :perv:, i dunno lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably just burst into tears and leave. Unless I was seriously provoking him I'd probably break up with him.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's pretty much over if he does. Once someone crosses that line, doesn't matter what they say, they was drunk, bad day at work, it will all end in tears at some point. It may well escalate, from a slap to a punch and then a real belting. I don't think anyone would a tolerate a man going up to a random woman in the street and punching her, she would be encouraged to report it.No one would care about his mental state or how drunk he was. It is no different in a relationship,in fact it is worse as you are meant to care about that person. You don't hurt people you love.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to say that I would hit him back, but I cannot say really, I am quite fragile so I would probably get battered if I attempted to do so, especially since the men I go for are quite well built.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hendy16)
    id rip his balls off
    YES ♥

I would probs shoot em aswell, just incase :')

ReputationRep:
    I think the best option is just to walk out and report him. To everyone saying "hit him back!":

Your gf hits you - your reaction?

Oh wait, that's different? :eek:
    Let's have some consistency pur-leaseee. You lot banging on about equality all the time when human biology basically forbids it :rolleyes:

Nothing.
    I can't defend myself so I leave it.

ReputationRep:
    Take the higher ground, don't react like he did and stoop to his level, just end it as soon as possible. If he really likes you then the mental pain you'll inflict by this sudden decision will be more than any physical pain that could be inflicted at the time. Shouldn't be tolerated, and it's best to be strong in a way he can't be!

ReputationRep:
    I think if I was pissed with my current bf I would headbutt him...that nose would explode ...failing that kick him in the nuts and burst into tears...

damn fcuking female hormones!!

ReputationRep:
    Depends, if he was being a violent **** I would probbly grab the nearest object and smack him with it

If it was out of the blue i'd probbly just look at him and leave, aswell as if he ws drunk. Fighting with drunk people is pointless

ReputationRep:
    This has actually happened to me before. I think most of the girls saying 'I don't stand for that' might think differently if they were in an abusive relationship. It often starts with psychological control, as it did for me. By the time it got physical I didnt think I was worth anything anyway, and he led me to believe him hitting me was my fault. His mum said that too.

I'm not with him now (my current boyfriend is amazing and would never lay a finger on me), and I would probably say "I'd never take that ****" if asked that question, but really you have no idea what you'd do unless you're actually in that situation. It sucks. xx

ReputationRep:
    hit him back. My ex nearly did he had his fist by my face so pushed him and he fell and whacked his head on bed side table. I finished him the next day

ReputationRep:
    If he did it once then he'll probably do it again next time he gets 'wound up'. And then you're in an abusive relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I would have more balls to defend and attack than most women. I'm quite confident in the ring.
    To be honest, I think most men are a little intimidated by my size and height and wouldnt go out with me in the first place. Which is a shame really (to be really easily demasculated), but there are some blokes who dont mind and are comfortable enough in themselves not to be threatened by things like that.
    My ex was taller than me and weighed so much more than me but because his exes were petite women, he said at first my height and build was a bit intimidating, which was quite amusing.
    I think guys who want a punchbag as a girlfriend would rather choose someone little and vulnerable looking, so the odds of me being in a domestic violence relationship are probably a lot lower than most.
    Fighting in a ring against an opponent is not comparable to self defense in abusive realationships. You could be confident to beat the crap out of someone in martial arts in as self defense in the street or what not. But I doubt you would react the same if a long term partner was to strike you.

ReputationRep:
    If a bf hit me...I would actually be shocked and horrified. :O if it was one smack/punch I would basically drown him with my tears, tell him it's over and block him from my life. If he was trying to beat me up I would fight until one of us faints lol.
    I don't think i would tell my dad or male friends because my dad would annihilate the dude and my male
    friends would sure try to! And no matter what I wouldn't want him dead...

A lot of my girl mates hit or even scratch their bfs when they're angry which I think is a bit unfair. Girls shouldn't hit boys unless it's in defense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peakey)
    Wouldn't anybody just forgive him and try and work it out? He could have lashed out angrily but it doesn't nessaserily mean he doesn't love you and care for you. Would everybody just get rid of him? What about forgiveness and a second chance. What if he is really wound up about something and drunk?

would i **** forgive him, he hits me he clearly has no respect for me and i would lose all respect i had for him, being drunk is NO excuse neither is being wound up, we have a punch bag if he was wound up he should be taking it out on that not me, i remember once he totally pissed me off but did i hit him no, did i shout at him no, i went into the bed room and beat the **** out of the punchbag, sure i imagined it was him but i didnt once harm him

(Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I'm 5ft 11 and 12 stone. I'm stronger than most women because I train 5 days a week and do martial arts. Believe me. I would clobber the hell out of anyone who tried. I dont think my boyfriend would ever, ever try, anyway. He's slighter than me.

im almost 14 stone and my bf is approx 2 stone lighter than me, granted im only 5ft2 but height means **** all when it comes to how strong someone is

(Original post by Iapetus)
    I think the best option is just to walk out and report him. To everyone saying "hit him back!":

Your gf hits you - your reaction?

Oh wait, that's different? :eek:
    Let's have some consistency pur-leaseee. You lot banging on about equality all the time when human biology basically forbids it :rolleyes:

if i hit my bf i would fully expect him to hit me back, it works both ways IMO, if a woman is man enough to hit a man shes man enough to expect it and take it back

(Original post by blinkbelle)
    but really you have no idea what you'd do unless you're actually in that situation. It sucks. xx

i disagree, i know exactly what i would do in certain situations, this being one of them

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.