Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

your bf hits you - your reaction? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i disagree, i know exactly what i would do in certain situations, this being one of them
    You didn't seem to pay any attention to my post..
    You really don't :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    You didn't seem to pay any attention to my post..
    You really don't :no:

oh i really do, i know my own mind

ReputationRep:
    oh i really do, i know my own mind
    *sigh* you really are a lost cause. Carry on in your own little ignorant world, its fine with me..

ReputationRep:
    I'd want to hit him back but would probably run away in shock.

ReputationRep:
    Id hope if it was my sister she would call me so I could beat his ass

ReputationRep:
    *sigh* you really are a lost cause. Carry on in your own little ignorant world, its fine with me..

how does knowing your own mind mean you are ignorant? what a crock of ****, it doesnt mean you are ignorant at all

i know people whove been abused and they got out, why would it be so different for me :rolleyes:

just because you were too weak minded to get out of it doesnt mean everyone else will be and just because you didnt realise you were being mentally/emotionally abused doesnt mean others wouldnt realise, dont judge everyone by yourself and what you went through

ReputationRep:

if i hit my bf i would fully expect him to hit me back, it works both ways IMO, if a woman is man enough to hit a man shes man enough to expect it and take it back

i disagree, i know exactly what i would do in certain situations, this being one of them
    I could not bring myself to hit a girl, the most I could do is restrain her if she was really going crazy

ReputationRep:
    just because you were too weak minded to get out of it doesnt mean everyone else will be and just because you didnt realise you were being mentally/emotionally abused doesnt mean others wouldnt realise, dont judge everyone by yourself and what you went through
    Jesus christ, how insensitive and rude can you get? I was not weak minded - the assumption that victims of domestic abuse are is wrong. Anyone can be a victim, that's the scariest part of it.

I am an incredibly strong willed, independent person. My ex manipulated me and made me see myself wrongly, in a negative light. It wasn't easy to see and certainly doesn't make me weak in any way. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Jesus christ, how insensitive and rude can you get? I was not weak minded - the assumption that victims of domestic abuse are is wrong. Anyone can be a victim, that's the scariest part of it.

I am an incredibly strong willed, independent person. My ex manipulated me and made me see myself wrongly, in a negative light. It wasn't easy to see and certainly doesn't make me weak in any way. :no:
    thats what makes you weak minded IMO, the fact you let someone make you see yourself like that, i would never allow ANYONE to make me see myself in a negative light, not a chance

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave him straight away, and probably tell my dad, who would confront him. No point in pretending I would be able to defend myself.

ReputationRep:
    thats what makes you weak minded IMO, the fact you let someone make you see yourself like that, i would never allow ANYONE to make me see myself in a negative light, not a chance
    Well IMO I am stronger than you ever will be, for surviving something like that :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well IMO I am stronger than you ever will be, for surviving something like that :cool:

lol if you say so

but no, the strong IMO are those (like my best friend and cousin) who get out of it straight away when they realise that hang on something isnt right here, he shouldnt be making me feel like this (when the emotional/mental abuse starts) THOSE people are strong imo, you arnt

ReputationRep:
    well all i no is that i would never hit my girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    lol if you say so

but no, the strong IMO are those (like my best friend and cousin) who get out of it straight away when they realise that hang on something isnt right here, he shouldnt be making me feel like this (when the emotional/mental abuse starts) THOSE people are strong imo, you arnt
    Personally I don't find domestic abuse a laughing matter - 'lol'. :rolleyes:

I actually don't give a **** whether you think I'm 'strong' or not, as I know I am. You're just a small minded idiot on an internet forum!

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid the other person is right here, I can't see any excuse big or small for staying with someone who abuses you. If a woman hit me with intent, even if they weren't exactly strong enough to inflict pain I would see this as a clear indication that I was with a nut and that it was time to leave.

ReputationRep:
    lol if you say so

Your confusing the word strong with the phrase common sense, simple mistake...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hankkosovo)
    Your confusing the word strong with the phrase common sense, simple mistake...

no im really not, sure its common sense to know that someone you love hurting you isnt right but it takes a strong person to leave someone they love a lot

ReputationRep:
    I'd be horrified and would seriously consider our relationship

ReputationRep:
    Hit him harder. But my boyfriend wouldn't do that. We used to slap each other lightly for funsies, but it got boring after a while and he didn't like it anymore. =p

ReputationRep:
    im almost 14 stone and my bf is approx 2 stone lighter than me, granted im only 5ft2 but height means **** all when it comes to how strong someone is
    Fat doesn't equal strength :fyi:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.