Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i would smack him back, i dont put up with that ****
    Good for you!

ReputationRep:
    I would be shocked, and silent! And of course sad.
    Then I would either hit him back out of anger, or make him upset about hitting me.
    Either way he should know he's done wrong!
    Tbh, I don't know if I would stay with him or not, because I've thankfully never faced this situation!
    :console: <-- to all the people who have!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think I'd hit him back but in reality I'd probably be far too shocked and burst into tears.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl, but you should get out quick and never talk to him again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    I'm afraid the other person is right here, I can't see any excuse big or small for staying with someone who abuses you. If a woman hit me with intent, even if they weren't exactly strong enough to inflict pain I would see this as a clear indication that I was with a nut and that it was time to leave.
    Its not really a case of having an 'excuse' to stay with them, its feeling as if you actually can't leave them. I don't think the comparison tink is making between me and her is fair tbh though, I was 15 years old and had alot of crap going on in my life. Comparing the mindset of a 15 year old and a 28 year old isn't really fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Fat doesn't equal strength :fyi:
    i know but i am pretty strong ^_^

ReputationRep:
    depends..if it was a little slap..i'd prob hit him back...if not, i'd leave...

ReputationRep:
    I'd hit him back. I've told my boyfriend that if that ever happens between us, I'll beat his ass.

ReputationRep:
    depend how hard and if you deserve it! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    haha I like how everyone's saying "hit him back" I've met quite a lot of girls in my time and maybe 4 out of all I've met would be able to hold their own, all the rest would cower and cry. I'm not saying it's right for a guy to hit a girl, but in like 95% of cases the guy could totally tear a girl to pieces in a fight so it seems pretty dumb to hit back.
    Yeah I would recommend just leaving.

Not that there isn't girls who could hold their own, but if he is retarded enough to hit you in the first place then he may end up hurting you.

Not really a good ending? So although you did the 'tough girl' thing, it could be a BIG mistake.

Just walk away!

ReputationRep:
    "What the ****!" most likely.

Beyond that I have no idea

ReputationRep:
    castration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's Ken!)
    Sexually equality. What would you do if a girl hit you? fair is fair...
    Get out the ol' tallywacker and swing it round.

This happened to me at NYE, kinda. He got really drunk and violent with me, like pushing me outta the way, but then literally throwing me around, i had scratches on my arm the next day :/

I'm the kinda girl you'd all expect to hit him back. But I couldn't. I bet the girls on here who are saying 'oh I'd hit him back' have never been in the situation. Its not that simple. If you love him, you don't wanna hurt him, even if he is a ****. And if the boy is anything like my boyfriend, you don't stand a chance in hell.

I just got his mates to sort him out, and left him to do it for the rest of the night. We then had a chat til the morning when he'd sobered up and sorted it out. I am still with him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This happened to me at NYE, kinda. He got really drunk and violent with me, like pushing me outta the way, but then literally throwing me around, i had scratches on my arm the next day :/

I'm the kinda girl you'd all expect to hit him back. But I couldn't. I bet the girls on here who are saying 'oh I'd hit him back' have never been in the situation. Its not that simple. If you love him, you don't wanna hurt him, even if he is a ****. And if the boy is anything like my boyfriend, you don't stand a chance in hell.

I just got his mates to sort him out, and left him to do it for the rest of the night. We then had a chat til the morning when he'd sobered up and sorted it out. I am still with him...
    yeah see I'd say I'd make some sort ot attempt at hitting him back but I'd probably be too shocked at the time if a boyfriend hit me. (Although if my dad finds out then I'd be more worried for the boy than myself)

That's awful :console: if it's the alcohol then maybe he should stop drinking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

as has already been discussed you dont need to be in the situation to know your own mind

and the next time he gets drunk and violent?

(Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    as has already been discussed you dont need to be in the situation to know your own mind

and the next time he gets drunk and violent?
    so you know for a fact if you got pregnant you'd keep it/abort it?
    I'm sorry, but no. You know what you'd like to do, but until you're in the situation you don't know, shock kicks in.

And get off your high horse, you have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    i'd be too scared to hit back, i would just cry

ReputationRep:
    Raise my knee sharply into his nether regions and walk off. I might talk to him once again after to make it clear its over but otherwise I'd have nothing to do with him.

ReputationRep:
    I always hit my boyfriend when I'm upset but a 5 year old probably could do more damage than me...My boyfriend just laughs. -_-

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.