Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so here's the dilemma:

Flatmate A invites some friends round and cooks a meal for them. Flatmates B and C happen to be around so join in. Flatmates B and C then wash up their own plates and claim no responsibility for cleaning up a meal organised entirely by flatmate A.

A day later the dirty pans and dishes from the meal are still out on the table. Flatmate A thinks that because she prepared and cooked the meal and Flatmates B and C ate it, they are liable for doing all the washing up, including the dishes of her friends who obviously are no longer around.

Both parties are convinced that the other should clear up- but who is right?

(btw I'm on neither side- I was out that night)

ReputationRep:
    The people who made the mess should clean it up.....

ReputationRep:
    You should.

ReputationRep:
    Enter flatmate D (you) who, after having become rather tired of these petty squabbles, casts the dishes of flatmates A, B and C into a furnace.

ReputationRep:
    Flatmate A should do it, unless there was a pre-arranged agreement saying 'i cook you wash'

either that or just do it yourself if it's annoying you..its only a few pans/dishes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freckely Tim)

Flatmate A invites some friends round and cooks a meal for them. Flatmates B and C happen to be around so join in. Flatmates B and C then wash up their own plates and claim no responsibility for cleaning up a meal organised entirely by flatmate A.

A day later the dirty pans and dishes from the meal are still out on the table. Flatmate A thinks that because she prepared and cooked the meal and Flatmates B and C ate it, they are liable for doing all the washing up, including the dishes of her friends who obviously are no longer around.

Just stay out of it? Last thing that you really want is that either party thinks your taking sides?

Or just take 1 for the team and just DYI?

ReputationRep:
    B and C should clean the mess but A should clean the friend's plate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freckely Tim)

Well this is a bit of a dilema isn't it..

ReputationRep:
    Duel.
    Only way.

ReputationRep:
    Fight To The Death!!!!

ReputationRep:
    How long does washing up take? Two minutes? Pathetic. Just clean the plates.

ReputationRep:
    flatmate A should wash it up as she made it and its also stuff that flatmate A's friends used so unless there was an agreement that B and C should wash it all up its not their responsibility, also they cleaned their stuff up

ReputationRep:
    Flatmates A B C and D should all help out = job done in around 5 minutes.

One stack and scrape/put things in the fridge
    One wash
    One dry
    One put away

Simple

ReputationRep:
    Mexican standoff - all three buy paper plates, and keep using them til someone gives in/grows up.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should do it as it will make them all feel really guilty and realise how idiotic they are which will be well worth the 10-15 mins effort involved

ReputationRep:
    Flatmate A should wash up and shut up. Flatmate B should help. Flatmate C sounds cool, so s/he can chill in front of the TV.

Which are you OP?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty soon they'll need the plates. They'll do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not-another-number)
    Enter flatmate D (you) who, after having become rather tired of these petty squabbles, casts flatmates A, B and C into a furnace.
    Fixed

ReputationRep:
    Unless there was a pre-arranged "if I cook, you wash up" arrangement, then the responsibility is purely flatmate A's.

ReputationRep:
    someone better wash them before the mice come anyway!!

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.