Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ok soo I met this amazingly hot guy a few weeks ago and then i made a bit of a tit of myself in front of him (very drunk..attractive) and didnt expect to hear from him again, and then he found me on facebook through someone's friends and invited me on a date... the date was last night and it was pretty much PERFECT. couldn't have gone better. there was no awkward silences and he was a complete gent, paid for drinks in a really nice cocktail bar and my cinema ticket. went for drinks first and then saw the film then he suggested going out for another drink.. i didn't refuse because i was lovin gbeing with him!! didnt get home till 1ish. he kept holding my hand and putting his arm round me, and there was no pressure of sex when we went back to mine, just kissed and cuddled for hours. he asked my plans for the week and i wasn't too sure of them and he suggested meeting again. is he interested in me? i got ****** over by a guy last term at uni so that has knocked my confidence a bit. how long should i wait for him to text me?! the anticipation is killing me and i hate it because I really like him now argh

ReputationRep:
    No no no. Do not "wait for him to text me". If you want to talk to him, talk to him. He sounds lovely, as though he respects you, and if you like him, don't risk it by playing games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    is he interested in me?

What do you want him to do, make a big neon flashing sign to tell you!? YES!

ReputationRep:
    He sounds great, and totallt interested in you! Go for it, give me a date when you are free this week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirledpeacat1)
    He sounds great, and totallt interested in you! Go for it, give me a date when you are free this week!
    I meant give HIM a date when you are free! Gah, 2 hours sleep in the last 24 is taking it's toll!!

ReputationRep:
    my golddigger sense is tingling.

noo i'm just asking because I don't want to read into things too much and need some outside opinions. i don't want to seem too keen on texting him but then again he's done alot of the running so far so i don't want him to think i'm not interested.

hope he is interested I like him alot !! oh I forgot to say before that i met him on a uni holiday and were hooking up all week (we slept together once) and so my friends all think it's quite a good sign he bothered to find me on facebook and ask me out on a proper date?!

gold digger sense tingling eh?

ReputationRep:
    LOL, you slept with him before you dated him. That's like reading the last chapter before you've read the first.

And yes, he's interested. That's clear as day!

ReputationRep:
    Arms around you, holding hands and lots of kissing and hugging on the first date? Yep he likes you.

But call him, not text. Imagine how people used to date when mobile phones weren't invented! Nothing feels better than to hear the other person's voice again over the phone after a great date.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    LOL, you slept with him before you dated him. That's like reading the last chapter before you've read the first.

And yes, he's interested. That's clear as day!
    lol yeh I know.. I was pretty tipsy, definitely something I've never done before and I told him that on the date lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoVis)
    No no no. Do not "wait for him to text me". If you want to talk to him, talk to him. He sounds lovely, as though he respects you, and if you like him, don't risk it by playing games.
    THIS.

do not play games. its just completely retarded and never helped anyone

ReputationRep:
    As every one else has stated its obvious he likes you.

Txt him or ring him... dont sit and wait for him to do all the work. If you want to do it today, do it today, theres no time limits.

If he paid for everything on the first date, why dont you suggest treating him on the second date (he may be the perfect gentleman and refuse to let you pay, but he'll appreciate the offer)

ReputationRep:
    Yes he is interested in you. Although, next time at least offer to pay half. That sounds like an expensive night for him... All the best, he seems genuine enough. If you like him, don't wait, don't play games, don't umm and ahh over it. Text him if you feel like it and arrange the next date.

Ahh i guess i 'm just scared of rejection find it hard to trust guys now! alot of my friends are telling me to wait for him to text.. i don't know what to do! i can't stop thinking about him lol it's making miserable! he did seem pretty genuine though and i guess it was quite a big step to find me on facebook and take me out on a date.. i just hope i didn't put him off on the date itself!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.