Turn on thread page Beta

Makes me wonder watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes when I drink apparently I look extremely depressed. Today I went to some flat for some drinks just earlier, and I must admit to having a really **** day but within just about 2 drinks of vodka and mixer I was in a flat and someone said to my mate 'he looks well down'.

I'm just thinking christ! I don't want to seem that way but it's not the first time it's happened and I don't like the fact that it's so bloody visible.

Is it normal to come across as down when you hit the drink? I don't want to seem like a depressed old bag basically.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol is a depressant. Yes it is very common for this to happen. I recommend staying off the alcohol for a bit. Is there any reason behind feeling depressed regardless of alcohol?

ReputationRep:
    I've had that happen to me too! I wasn't feeling particularly chirpy at the time but I thought I was hiding it well. However in sober light, it now seems I'd behaved most peculiarly and alienated most of my friends. I don't even recall being that affected lol.

I have no idea what purpose me telling you that would serve, but hey, you're not alone! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Alcohol is a depressant. Yes it is very common for this to happen. I recommend staying off the alcohol for a bit. Is there any reason behind feeling depressed regardless of alcohol?
    well yes there is.

But my point is, the whole pre drinking before a club thing should bring out the light mood in people and that's why I find it weird that I look so down that drunk people can comment on it. It makes me think that I must look like I'm clinically depressed or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulP)
    well yes there is.

But my point is, the whole pre drinking before a club thing should bring out the light mood in people and that's why I find it weird that I look so down that drunk people can comment on it. It makes me think that I must look like I'm clinically depressed or something.
    Judging from your post on the another thread, maybe you are depressed and it's just noticable in general?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.