The Student Room Group

why does it affect me so much

I'm infatuated with a girl I know by face from Uni. She's in some of my classes but I've never spoken to her yet I'm absolutely crazy abuot her. I found her on Facebook and she's taken which just made me gutted. And it just feels like a real blow, it almost makes me feel like I don't want to live life anymore without her which I know is bloody weird. I've never really had the chance to speak to her but we're always looking over at each other, you know when in the corner of your eye you can see the other person taking a peak, all that sort of tosh. It just makes me think **** I should go for this. The bottom line is the whole thing makes me feel like **** having a massive crush and to be quite blunt, probably almost no chance of getting her. But it shouldn't be having such an empowering negative effect on me.

How can I get my head straight and not let it destroy me?
Don't go for it. Please don't go for it. Just find somebody else, keep your eyes open in lectures and stuff, find someone else to dream about, but don't take it so seriously next time.
Reply 2
I think it's cas everything lse in my life seems so **** that tihs just adds to the pile and makes me feel even worse than I should do.

I need to get over the crush and move on but that doesn't happen overnight. Infact it doesn't happen at all.
Reply 3
Oh my god. I've had this. Change "girl in uni" for "hot guy at a training course for work" and you've got it. I did the facebook stalk thing and found out he was taken. Not that I would've done anything, seeing as I won't see him again and randomly messaging him would've seemed, well, stalkerish. I thought there was a "connection" and I can't get him out of my head.

So, using my personal experience on the matter, forget about it. Remember that these connections etc. are all in your head. She's only your "dream girl" because that's what you've made her to be in your mind. Move on, find someone new. And heck, if you see her around a lot maybe one day she will be single and you could have a chance. But don't wait around for that and don't soup her up to be something she's not.
Reply 4
PaulP
it almost makes me feel like I don't want to live life anymore without her which I know is bloody weird. I've never really had the chance to speak to her

Dude you're right about this being bloody weird. It's not healthy. Seriously, find yourself another girl or two and you'll get over this one soon enough. It might not feel like it now, but trust me.

Latest

Trending

Trending