Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure about the veracity of this, but I heard there are a few law firms out there that also dabble in select areas of banking, just wondering if anyone could confirm this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    I'm not too sure about the veracity of this, but I heard there are a few law firms out there that also dabble in select areas of banking, just wondering if anyone could confirm this?
    Why would you want to work for a law firm, who dabble in a bit of corp finance on the side? Either work for the real deal or go into corporate law...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)
    Why would you want to work for a law firm, who dabble in a bit of corp finance on the side? Either work for the real deal or go into corporate law...
    Ideally I'd like to work in both at some point in my life, but I'm intersted in law firms because I'm not too keen on the whole BB scene, and I would prefer to work somewhere more middle market.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of this. Pretty sure magic circle wouldn't touch this. Also have no idea why a firm would want to take banking advice from lawyers.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally I'd like to work in both at some point in my life, but I'm intersted in law firms because I'm not too keen on the whole BB scene, and I would prefer to work somewhere more middle market.
    What do you dislike about the 'BB' scene? It's not too dissimilar to magic circle law firms.. Also apply to the 2nd/mid tier IB's/law firms if that's the case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)
    What do you dislike about the 'BB' scene? It's not too dissimilar to magic circle law firms.. Also apply to the 2nd/mid tier IB's/law firms if that's the case
    Meh, I'd just prefer to work in a boutique tbh.

On that note, I hear about lawyers moving into banking all the time, but how easy is it for a banker to move into lawyer-ing?

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'd just prefer to work in a boutique tbh.

On that note, I hear about lawyers moving into banking all the time, but how easy is it for a banker to move into lawyer-ing?
    number of lawyers moving has been falling. If you want to move the other way you'd have to do a law coversion if you didn't do law, then the LPC then a two year training contract. It's hard and also pointless in my opijion. It would be more expensive but more interesting to go to the states for three years and do a JD.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.