Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey hey I just sent off my accomodation form, after firming UCL, I was wondering what the rest of you have put down... and stuff.
    I myself have decided a shared house, instead of a hall. -I think I made the right decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassundlust)
    Hey hey hey I just sent off my accomodation form, after firming UCL, I was wondering what the rest of you have put down... and stuff.
    I myself have decided a shared house, instead of a hall. -I think I made the right decision.
    hey where did you get your accommodation form from? do you have to put it down as your 1st/2nd choice on track before you send it off?

ReputationRep:
    This what it says on the website:

"All single first-year undergraduate students entering UCL for the first time and requiring accommodation are guaranteed a place provided that:

* they complete and return their housing application form to arrive no later than 31 May of the year in which they intend to enter UCL, and
    * they have received and firmly accepted an offer of a place on a degree programme at UCL, conditional or unconditional, by 31 May of the year of entry, and
    * they have spent no previous period of time living in a residence associated with an institution of higher education located in the London area (i.e. within the M25 motorway).

Medical students taking an intercalated BSc at UCL as part of their MB BS degree programme at a different institution cannot be guaranteed a place in UCL residences.
    "

And this is the form http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...-form-1011.pdf

ReputationRep:
    wouldent be so suref that, not with the increase in applicants, which there isnt an increase in number of rooms availble.

yes, you made the right decision haha so did i hav u put down for a single or shared room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danrogers15)
    yes, you made the right decision haha so did i hav u put down for a single or shared room?
    Well I put down single, but I saw the little notice at the top that said it would be pretty likely that I would be sharing a room, which I don't actually mind at all, just as long as they are not a crazy ahaha

ReputationRep:
    sent mine off 4 weeks ago and still haven't recieved any confirmation grrrr ...shall be contacting them this week i think
    i think i put Ifor Evans as first choice (well as my price range )

ReputationRep:
    Are you guarenteed housing if it's only an insurance?? Oh my god you sent yours of 4 weeks ago! Theres going to be nowhere decent left by the time i get all my offers back and can make my decision! Thats the one thing I dont like about UCL! The fact that loads of people have to share rooms!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshforever92)
    Are you guarenteed housing if it's only an insurance?? Oh my god you sent yours of 4 weeks ago! Theres going to be nowhere decent left by the time i get all my offers back and can make my decision! Thats the one thing I dont like about UCL! The fact that loads of people have to share rooms!!
    Just the luck of the draw I suppose.

If it makes you feel any better, I only know 2 people who share rooms. And one of their room mates practically lives in their girlfriends halls...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MulderMan)
    Just the luck of the draw I suppose.

If it makes you feel any better, I only know 2 people who share rooms. And one of their room mates practically lives in their girlfriends halls...
    Thats cool, though I've been convincing myself that sharing rooms will actually be a load of FUN. Like telling ghost stories 'till 3AM and sharing clothes. I'll be a hoot of a person to share with.

ReputationRep:
    Thats cool, though I've been convincing myself that sharing rooms will actually be a load of FUN. Like telling ghost stories 'till 3AM and sharing clothes. I'll be a hoot of a person to share with.
    Haha, I applied to catered halls just so I wouldn't have to share. For some reason I really hated the idea, but I guess it isn't too bad. I really hate the halls I am in now!

What subject have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MulderMan)
    Haha, I applied to catered halls just so I wouldn't have to share. For some reason I really hated the idea, but I guess it isn't too bad. I really hate the halls I am in now!

What subject have you applied for?
    I applied for History of Art what about you?

ReputationRep:
    phew got my acknowledgement ...now just gotta get my results ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Got my acknowledgement toooo

i havent got an acknowledgement yet... when did you apply for your accomm?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where you find out the prices for everything?

ReputationRep:
    These are this current years, 10/11 prices haven't been decided yet. So add a little to these prices.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...esidences/fees

ReputationRep:
    hello! has anyone got any advice on what food is like in the catered halls (including intercollegiate halls) ?

in the intercollegiate halls are all the ucl students put together?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savannah1)
    hello! has anyone got any advice on what food is like in the catered halls (including intercollegiate halls) ?

in the intercollegiate halls are all the ucl students put together?

thanks!
    I only have experience with vegetarian food, and that is generally quite bad.

No, UCL students aren't together, its all mixed.

Sometimes there are all boy/girl floors.

ReputationRep:
    Erms can I ask. Connaught Hall sounds really great but are bathrooms really shared between 18-25 people :-O Are the bathrooms in a terrible condition everyday? I kind of went to this hostel in France and the bathrooms were....let's just say several people chose not to bathe the 2 nights we spent there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.