Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just accepted an unconditional offer for Sports Business Managment and look forward to going to Leeds in September.

I'm kind off stuck between Kirkstall and the new Carnegie Village for accomodation. Isit true,that carnegie village is just elite athlete dominated? Is kirkstal far from Headingly campus? Which has a better party atomosphere?
    Which one do you prefer and why?

Cheers for the replies guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmartey1)
    I've just accepted an unconditional offer for Sports Business Managment and look forward to going to Leeds in September.

I'm kind off stuck between Kirkstall and the new Carnegie Village for accomodation. Isit true,that carnegie village is just elite athlete dominated? Is kirkstal far from Headingly campus? Which has a better party atomosphere?

kristel aint that far off.

and i heard kritel has its own SU bar and it's veru sociable.

not sure about the other one has it's very new

ReputationRep:
    hi can anyone help im going to leeds in september and just wondering opal or carnegie village?x

ReputationRep:
    opal opal opal all the way

ReputationRep:
    why??ahh im so stuck

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying at Carnegie Village, it looks proper awesome, bit expensive but makes up for not paying any bus fares and on the campus, plus the added security element and such. I went for a tour and the rooms are epic!

ReputationRep:
    Kirkstall is a walk away, can't remember how long, less than half an hour I think. Its actually a pretty **** location and another hour into the city centre.
    But it has a pretty good atmosphere. SU bar is alright!

ReputationRep:
    Kirkstall is like a stupuid walk away.
    carnegie village all the away. I applied ages ago for my room. Deffinatly wasnt missing out on how great the rooms are!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i chose carnegie in the end and applied cluster halls..i checked the rooms on the open day they look beaut..what course you on there casey?

ReputationRep:
    Im doing International Tourism.
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    sports business management..im not sure what to expect but cant wait to get to leeds in sep! do you know what dates it starts or dates to move into halls at all?

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait too. Hopefully its going to be mental!

I dont, im going to call them soon to find out tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmartey1)

:woo: Noooo it's totally not true it is elite athlete dominated! I've just completed my 1st year living in Carnegie Village and it has been the best year of my life... no joke! I lived in Swale in a flat of 12... such a great laugh, big living area and amazing comfy double beds!! On the partyin side... there's more of an atmosphere at kirkstall cuz there are more ppl living there and the su bar is more lively... but at carnegie V you get your quiet times when you want them. All I would say is go with carnegie V and make sure you enjoy freshers and go out every night... it's insane!!!!

University open days

1. Leeds Beckett University
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.