Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am bored :sad: so I thought I would look at pretty make up stuffs :teeth:

I LOVE black eyeliner, but i wonder if it looks a little too dark against skin tone/hair colour/eyes.

I would love to try brown or something but Im not sure it would suit :hmmmm:

I think Im going to try some soft pink shadow too- any suggestions of good ones? At the moment I use just a pearlescent creamy sort of colour.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm going for a lighter 'day' makeup, I'll use grey eyeliner (pencil) instead of black. It gives good definition, but not so harshly as black, I find.

Pink is one to be careful with, or it may make you look a bit swollen/tearful depending on the shade and texture you go for so always try them before you buy them

Oh and definitely try the brown, I think it'll make your eyes pop!

ReputationRep:
    I was fairly weary of brown eyeliner until I was given some as a present and so felt compelled to at least try it.. so glad I did though! I have grey/blue eyes, and it does so many favours for them, just makes the colour stand out so much more. Seems to work better against my skintone too, and since I have quite small eyes it just looks less harsh, really. I still wear black sometimes, especially for evenings, but I've got quite attached to brown for daytimes now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    I was fairly weary of brown eyeliner until I was given some as a present and so felt compelled to at least try it.. so glad I did though! I have grey/blue eyes, and it does so many favours for them, just makes the colour stand out so much more. Seems to work better against my skintone too, and since I have quite small eyes it just looks less harsh, really. I still wear black sometimes, especially for evenings, but I've got quite attached to brown for daytimes now.
    Sounds good

Which one do you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Sounds good

Which one do you use?
    This, in 'Chocolate Lustre'. Being Clinique the price is a bit steep for an eyeliner really, I'm using it at the minute since I got a new one for Christmas, really hoping to find a cheaper alternative though :p: It is nice though, goes on very easily and stays well.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.