The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because people are generally ignorant with such ends, that or the social group you're used to is, however there are plenty of people who hold merit in intellectual pursuits and intellect itself.
Reply 41
Reading social science books is a weird interest to have to be fair. I'd say weird more than intellectual anyway.
Gardocki
Reading social science books is a weird interest to have to be fair. I'd say weird more than intellectual anyway.

and i am judgmental? :s-smilie:
Reply 43
rajandkwameali
and i am judgmental? :s-smilie:

Everyone is judgmental. I'm sorry but even as someone who chose to study that reading those books and considering it an interest is bizzare.
Reply 44
Who do you consider so important to acknowledge/care about them looking down at your interests?
Of course everybody is judgmental. The double standard you (collectively) put forward just seems odd.
theBOON
Who do you consider so important to acknowledge/care about them looking down at your interests?

Nobody, since people have to earn admiration. Everything in life is earnt.
Kreuzuerk
They're shorter.

:yep:
flugestuge
You are a pseudo-intellectual douche bag rather than an intellectual.
You are inarticulate and completely unable to provide any evidence of intellect.
Your failure to capitalise correctly does not help either.

I learnt what douchebag means today....

apparantly a douche is used for washing a vagina....so you are calling him as bag which washes a vagina....

I LIKE :eek3:
Reply 49
Q: Why are people with rubbish interests looked down on?
A: Because their interests are rubbish.
Reply 50
rajandkwameali
It's common sense, by not worrying what other people do.

How the hell is that common sense? What do you mean by healthy?

rajandkwameali
Nobody, since people have to earn admiration. Everything in life is earnt.

Innocence is not earned, only lost.
Don't bother trying to debate with OP. Blatant personality disorder.
fox_the_fix
I've never been looked down on.
People just find it funny that I would sit on a bus reading Leviathan or some other abstract book :eek:

However I never really talk about my schooling. If someone asks me what I study I usually just say drama/history/media or something of the sort as people look flabbergasted when I say 8 A levels lol.

8 A Levels? :eek: :biggrin: In all seriousness; that's amazing. What subjects?
Chrosson
How the hell is that common sense? What do you mean by healthy?

psychologically healthy.

Innocence is not earned, only lost.

According to whom?
aeterno
The main reason people would look down on those with intellectual interests would be because of jealousy.
Much like why you look down on those with 'common and shallow' interests; your jealousy lies in being 'socially inept', for lack of a better term.

Common and shallow interests are not my thing, why is that wrong?

However, considering you seem like the kind of person who likes to think he is 'intellectual' - it's not jealousy. It's just relatively normal to despise the arrogant.

i am not jealous of anybody. Healthy people never are.
Reply 55
Depends what you mean by "intellectual interests", would be better if you rephrase the thread to "geeky interests", then I might know what you mean :wink:
Retrospect
8 A Levels? :eek: :biggrin: In all seriousness; that's amazing. What subjects?

I'm only doing 3 atm :smile:
Reply 57
rajandkwameali
psychologically healthy.

So psychologically healthy people are psychopaths?

According to whom?

Common sense. (And because that is a ******* annoying justification, would you consider a baby as innocent or not?)
Chrosson
So psychologically healthy people are psychopaths?

what is the connection to psychopaths?

Common sense. (And because that is a ******* annoying justification, would you consider a baby as innocent or not?)

A baby is innocent, yes.
GodspeedGehenna
Don't bother trying to debate with OP. Blatant personality disorder.

I am more psychologically balanced/healthy than most here.

Latest

Trending

Trending