Turn on thread page Beta

Why are people with intellectual interests looked down on? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeremy_Whiskers)
    Because people are generally ignorant with such ends, that or the social group you're used to is, however there are plenty of people who hold merit in intellectual pursuits and intellect itself.
    Such as who? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Such as who? :confused:
    Well obviously i present a view taken from personal anecdotal ends, the general feeling i get is the one i posited in the statement you quoted. I'm hardly going to list the individuals at hand am i?

ReputationRep:
    lmao....

- You people have not presented any rational/reasoned points, yet have not sought to advance your own positions.

- You have presented quite hypocritical arguments, and criticise me for being judgmental, when you are more so. Answer this perchance, why is my judgmental nature any worse than yours? Hmm? You'd probably see the face of God before I get a reasoned answer to that, eh?

- You possess some kind of God complex, and presume all should bow to your standpoints/suggestions (wow lol...) I'd like a reasoned response as to why I should. I guess that attitude in younger people is common, so why should I spend time thinking about it.

I am out of this thread. Life is too short to spend with people who are the **** (:eek3: :eek3: :rolleyes: ) and not to be undermined. :rolleyes:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.