Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    you look great on your pic.you don't have to worry. you look so cool.

they look good. don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    They look great on you.

ReputationRep:
    They look fine. Not librarian like at all.

ReputationRep:
    I like them, they suit you. I wouldn't worry about going out wearing them, it just takes getting used to them.

If you're really bothered though why not give contacts a go like others have said. They can take time to get used to, but it gets so easy to put them in and take them out after a while. When I first got contacts I found it so hard to put them in, but now it takes a few seconds. Definitely worth thinking about if it really bothers you.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou for the comments everyone! i plucked up the corage to wear them in my lecture this morning, felt a bit self conscious but I guess it's something you just get used to! also I don't really want to have to bother with contacts as I don't need to wear them all day, just for driving and lectures etc, so I think I'd get annoyed with having to take them out all the time! plus I am hopeless and would probably lose contact lenses so easily!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    They suit you, you look good.

p.s Soundgarden fan?(Will look stupid if you aren't...)

yeah I am a soundgarden fan
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think you look really nice in them

ReputationRep:
    They're cute.

ReputationRep:
    You look fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackholesun*)
    thankyou for the comments everyone! i plucked up the corage to wear them in my lecture this morning, felt a bit self conscious but I guess it's something you just get used to! also I don't really want to have to bother with contacts as I don't need to wear them all day, just for driving and lectures etc, so I think I'd get annoyed with having to take them out all the time! plus I am hopeless and would probably lose contact lenses so easily!
    Yeah I think it's just a case of getting used to wearing them. I've been wearing glasses since I was ten, now I'm 21 and blind as a bat haha. At times I hate having to wear glasses and other timesI like them but most of the time I forget about them! You will definitely get used to them, and when you only need them for certain things contacts might be a bit of a waste alright. Plus, they look nice

ReputationRep:
    just wear them it really not that bad

ReputationRep:
    You will feel self conscious at first, I remember I did when I first got glasses. You'll get used to them.

ReputationRep:
    you look really good in them! dont worry, they will take a while to get used to.

ReputationRep:
    if u dont like them
    buy contacts
    glasses are annoying and too easy to lose i find

=]

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem! But you get use to them tbh, and you really suit them so you have nothing to worry about!

ReputationRep:
    They look fine but I know the feeling, I hate wearing my glasses too. You do get used to it. I've had them since I was seven and I'm nineteen now, and I pretty much forget I'm wearing them usually. I do prefer to wear my contact lenses tho (when I haven't lost or misplaced them).

ReputationRep:
    You look fine.

ReputationRep:
    lol Girls are so self conscious. You look exceptionally attractive. But not 'secretary sexy' not all secretaries wear glasses dammit! You are just sexy.

ReputationRep:
    The shape of your face suits them. =]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.