Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    you look great on your pic.you don't have to worry. you look so cool.

they look good. don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    They look great on you.

ReputationRep:
    They look fine. Not librarian like at all.

ReputationRep:
    I like them, they suit you. I wouldn't worry about going out wearing them, it just takes getting used to them.

If you're really bothered though why not give contacts a go like others have said. They can take time to get used to, but it gets so easy to put them in and take them out after a while. When I first got contacts I found it so hard to put them in, but now it takes a few seconds. Definitely worth thinking about if it really bothers you.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou for the comments everyone! i plucked up the corage to wear them in my lecture this morning, felt a bit self conscious but I guess it's something you just get used to! also I don't really want to have to bother with contacts as I don't need to wear them all day, just for driving and lectures etc, so I think I'd get annoyed with having to take them out all the time! plus I am hopeless and would probably lose contact lenses so easily!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    They suit you, you look good.

p.s Soundgarden fan?(Will look stupid if you aren't...)

yeah I am a soundgarden fan
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think you look really nice in them

ReputationRep:
    They're cute.

ReputationRep:
    You look fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackholesun*)
    thankyou for the comments everyone! i plucked up the corage to wear them in my lecture this morning, felt a bit self conscious but I guess it's something you just get used to! also I don't really want to have to bother with contacts as I don't need to wear them all day, just for driving and lectures etc, so I think I'd get annoyed with having to take them out all the time! plus I am hopeless and would probably lose contact lenses so easily!
    Yeah I think it's just a case of getting used to wearing them. I've been wearing glasses since I was ten, now I'm 21 and blind as a bat haha. At times I hate having to wear glasses and other timesI like them but most of the time I forget about them! You will definitely get used to them, and when you only need them for certain things contacts might be a bit of a waste alright. Plus, they look nice

ReputationRep:
    just wear them it really not that bad

ReputationRep:
    You will feel self conscious at first, I remember I did when I first got glasses. You'll get used to them.

ReputationRep:
    you look really good in them! dont worry, they will take a while to get used to.

ReputationRep:
    if u dont like them
    buy contacts
    glasses are annoying and too easy to lose i find

=]

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem! But you get use to them tbh, and you really suit them so you have nothing to worry about!

ReputationRep:
    They look fine but I know the feeling, I hate wearing my glasses too. You do get used to it. I've had them since I was seven and I'm nineteen now, and I pretty much forget I'm wearing them usually. I do prefer to wear my contact lenses tho (when I haven't lost or misplaced them).

ReputationRep:
    You look fine.

ReputationRep:
    lol Girls are so self conscious. You look exceptionally attractive. But not 'secretary sexy' not all secretaries wear glasses dammit! You are just sexy.

ReputationRep:
    The shape of your face suits them. =]

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.