The Student Room Group

Insomia/Nocternal

End of semester 2 i was falling asleep at 9am and then waking up at 1pm...missing all my days lectures since mine go from 11am->2pm. So it has affected my studies...i only need 40% this year but im thinking of the future years when it does count...i want to do well but My brain just goes and goes and goes and it makes it hard to sleep.

I thought maybe it was just sleeping pattern but i've tried to sort it out, the best i got was managing to sleep at 11pm and then waking up at 2am, completely awake.

...No matter how tired i was or how many hours sleep i had the night before (sometimes i had none), no matter what, i can't sleep during the night. But I feel constantly tired.

The only time i can sleep at night is if i'm drunk because my brains so foggy i don't think and just sleep. But i refuse to get drunk every night just to sleep, my Dad was an alcoholic so i know what can happen if i go down this road.

Well its gone on now since mid November and i'm wondering if anyone has any tips to make you tired and fall asleep? Sleeping tablets are my last resort.
I could have written this myself. I missed over a months worth of lectures at the end of last semester and I've not been to 1 in this semester yet as I can't get to sleep at night, and stay in bed till 3/4pm.

Unfortunately this is my final year and so I am actually ******. Doctors bright ideas were bath before bed, hot milk and a boring book... yeah that helped.
Im kinda the same, i go up to bed at 11am and just stay awake through the WHOLE night,its driving me insane!! I'll usually stay awake for a whole 2 days then sleep for like 5 hours on the 3rd night,not enough... :frown:
Like today i just got bored of lying awake so just decided to go on the tinternet now lol :smile:...

How about having a relaxing bath to unwind? Dont watch t.v/exercise/listen to music that sorta hypes you up before going to sleep if you know what i mean..?
anyone fancy a random chat? don't care who! anyone? soooo bored! pm me if your in the same boat!
Reply 4
In that same-ish posistion as you, though I go to bed 6am wake up around 11-5pm. Horrible I know, then the process repeats. Today I had to force myself to go to sleep as I have a lecture at 9am. So I ended up staying in my bed for hours and just managed to get some sleep around 3ish am only to be woken up half 4 am. Now I can't go to sleep so i'm getting ready for uni.

The thing is I know why this has happened to me and this is due to the amount of naps I take during the day, so I only have myself to blame.
Reply 5
I'm in the same position at the moment but mine seems to have been self imposed by revision... completely screwed with my sleeping pattern and now don't seem to be able to go to bed before 7am which is more than a little irritating with afternoon exams :frown:... I'm just hoping though that mine isn't permanent and just my own fault.
Reply 6
Princesschickenbelly
I could have written this myself. I missed over a months worth of lectures at the end of last semester and I've not been to 1 in this semester yet as I can't get to sleep at night, and stay in bed till 3/4pm.

Unfortunately this is my final year and so I am actually ******. Doctors bright ideas were bath before bed, hot milk and a boring book... yeah that helped.

bleh :frown:..
Yeah, last semester i went to two tutorials of one side of the course...out of like 10 and then i think went to maybe 1-2 lectures during the last 6 weeks.

Sorry to hear about this though, especially being your final year.
Reply 7
My suggestion would be listening to audiobooks to send you to sleep, it worked wonders for me. I only sleep for a few hours a night, but I can pretty much control when I want to go to sleep, even if it is usually around 3 or 4 am for a six o'clock start.
I've fallen asleep on a bus before which is just so embarrassing . . .
Reply 9
AshleyT
End of semester 2 i was falling asleep at 9am and then waking up at 1pm...missing all my days lectures since mine go from 11am->2pm. So it has affected my studies...i only need 40% this year but im thinking of the future years when it does count...i want to do well but My brain just goes and goes and goes and it makes it hard to sleep.

I thought maybe it was just sleeping pattern but i've tried to sort it out, the best i got was managing to sleep at 11pm and then waking up at 2am, completely awake.

...No matter how tired i was or how many hours sleep i had the night before (sometimes i had none), no matter what, i can't sleep during the night. But I feel constantly tired.

The only time i can sleep at night is if i'm drunk because my brains so foggy i don't think and just sleep. But i refuse to get drunk every night just to sleep, my Dad was an alcoholic so i know what can happen if i go down this road.

Well its gone on now since mid November and i'm wondering if anyone has any tips to make you tired and fall asleep? Sleeping tablets are my last resort.

This is practically the reason why I failed last year. If you keep struggling get sleeping bills off a doctor, and soon, before it messes things up with studies even more.

DO IT NOW!
I do get to hear the world wake up - well, my street - I'm amazed at how early some people leave for work.

Yes, still awake...
Reply 11
Same as everyone else, arghghg at being nocturnal :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending