Turn on thread page Beta

What to do watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking that there's a chance I may drop out at some point by the end of the first year.

But it's no later than around now that you have to decide what's happening in regards to next year's accomodation. I'm already halfway through a period of time I am allowed in which to deicde whether to take up an offer of accomodation for next year. The accomodation would equate to £4500.

So basically it's as if I have to decide NOW whether or not to drop out. However I feel as if I want to carry on (for at least a bit) to see how things develop as it is just the start of the 2nd term.

Saying that, I still feel that there's a good chance that in say March/April I will have decided that the best option for me is to leave Uni and pursue something else.

Of course if I really don't want to stay then money I guess is not all that important - but £4500 is still alot of money to be risking!

I feel as if, if I accept that contract, then I have no other options but to see out University. Is there any way out of this financial doldrum next year if I were to drop out?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    you just need to make a decision. there isn't a way out, you'll have arsed around and someone more determined could've had your accomodation - no sympathy.

ReputationRep:
    Chill out, it's not an easy situation if you're not 100% sure of what you want.

ReputationRep:
    i am chilled i'm just being an internet gangsta because it's a typically boring monday. but the point i suppose i was making is that you just need to be decisive, no-one can do that for you (obviously) and if you're indecisive, it could have implications on other people, and that's not particularly cool.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.