Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I got accepted to study Law at ox starting this year. Since I don't live in the UK, I was wondering whether it's viable to fly home after every term. I heard that students have to be prepared to spend a good part of their vacation reading; how much reading do we have to do, and can it be done at home?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Of course you can fly home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onelastdance)
    So I got accepted to study Law at ox starting this year. Since I don't live in the UK, I was wondering whether it's viable to fly home after every term. I heard that students have to be prepared to spend a good part of their vacation reading; how much reading do we have to do, and can it be done at home?
    Yep, you can definitely fly home. You don't even have to do that much reading for law if it's a term that you don't have mods or finals at the end of it - just enough so you can do a collection (so about 2 or 3 weeks' worth of work)

ReputationRep:
    Flying home definitely won't be a problem.
    Of the Arts subjects, Law seems like one of the easiest ones for reading over the holidays (convenience wise) because all my lawyer friends seem to mainly use just one or two big textbooks, and then virtually everything else seems to be online.
    In terms of revising for collections, most people just come back a little bit earlier and then cram for 2 or 3 days. It's nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! oxford (correct me if i'm not wrong) has only 24 weeks of term time a year. Btw whats a collection?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by onelastdance)
    Awesome! oxford (correct me if i'm not wrong) has only 24 weeks of term time a year. Btw whats a collection?
    Mock exams at the beginning of term, about the papers you did during the previous term.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.