Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I just sent in my application to 4 universities in UK for postgrad studies and wondering what my success rate is. Your insights based on your experience and hearsay would be great to know.

Also, what do you think of my choices esp the other 3?

LSE - MSc Mgt, Orgs, Governance (2nd choice, MSc Public Mgt & Gov.)
    Warwick - MSc Marketing & Strategy
    Manchester - MSc International Business & Management
    King's - MSc International Management

Reasons for choice over MBA: I think MBAs are overpriced. The MSc Mgt courses offer tremendous value, comparatively. Additionally, these courses don't require me to prepare for the pesky GMAT exam. I also did some investigation via email and walking up to the universties last year and had positive responses. Imperial said they would be happy to take me in provided I didn't exceed the 2-year work exp. limit (so I can't apply for it now). Cass said I would be good for the MBA course but that's asking for a bloody GMAT! Oxbridge and LBS are structured like American b-schools who emphasize again, on the GMAT score. Don't you just hate that?

My profile:
    26 y/o male (born, bred and still in Singapore)
    BA(First Class) in Arts Mgt (validated by Open U, UK)
    1 yr exp. as Mktg Mgr in govt arts agency
    1.5 yrs exp. as Cultural Projects Offr in int'l govt'l org (e.g. UN)
    4 yrs part-time work/volunteering in performing arts company

Thanks you all

Regards
    Fir.

ReputationRep:
    Vey high chances. The volunteering work+work experience is o a great importance for a prospective Masters Student. In addition, you scored a 1st class. Feel free to apply.

Hubert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hubix)
    Vey high chances. The volunteering work+work experience is o a great importance for a prospective Masters Student. In addition, you scored a 1st class. Feel free to apply.

Hubert
    Thanks for the encouragement. I've been waiting 3.5 weeks for LSE... heard that those who are ultra-eligible get an answer in about 3-4 weeks instead of the 8. I am hoping for the best.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.