Change Unis Watch

Nalced
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm unhappy with my Uni, I feel bored and not pushed.

It's now my second year, semester 2 and I'm tried of telling myself "Don't worry, the hard stuff will come". I find that my IB was so much harder and more interesting.

GCSE BiteSize Website has more interesting and harder concepts than my Uni. It's almost a joke, now we're just started a new module and it's the same last year but different name. Same **** Different day. I'm so unhappy and disappointed with myself.

I really want to move, I'm bored, not pushed and just feel I'm wasting life. I live with some really *****y girls who happen to be on my course as well, and I now have more reasons to leave Uni.
I've spoken to some of my professors "Teach me something I don't know", I've complained GCSE was harder and more interesting.

I want to move Unis, 2nd year transfer. I doubt I'll be able to start 3rd year in a different Uni especially that's kind of late and I know I must be pretty behind the other kids.

What you think?

EDIT: I'm doing Hospitality and Tourism, hoping to do Tourism or the same. In the last 2 years, I've been getting. Few Ds, mostly Bs and a couple of As here and there. And yea, I'm one of the few people who've actually read the the entire core books. I know my ****
Last edited by Nalced; 8 years ago
Fyodor Bingoffsky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what course are you doing btw and are you suited for it?
darigan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What sort of marks are you getting?
Wesssty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't expect lecturers to excel you, read some more advanced books on your course, then blow them away in class and ace it.
Nalced
Rep:
?
The Business modules are the same as last year and I just feel I’m wasting time. What do you think of the possibilities of transferring universities or courses or even dropping out? My course is filled with idiots, freeloaders and *****y girls who *****, I have one guy who for the last 2 semester quite literally lived of my grades and is likely to live off it for another semester because he’s in my group for the next 4 months. It’s not his fault, he is clearly an idiot.

I feel so sad thinking about it.
Anatheme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nalced)
I'm unhappy with my Uni, I feel bored and not pushed.

It's now my second year, semester 2 and I'm tried of telling myself "Don't worry, the hard stuff will come". I find that my IB was so much harder and more interesting.

GCSE BiteSize Website has more interesting and harder concepts than my Uni. It's almost a joke, now we're just started a new module and it's the same last year but different name. Same **** Different day. I'm so unhappy and disappointed with myself.

I really want to move, I'm bored, not pushed and just feel I'm wasting life. I live with some really *****y girls who happen to be on my course as well, and I now have more reasons to leave Uni.
I've spoken to some of my professors "Teach me something I don't know", I've complained GCSE was harder and more interesting.

I want to move Unis, 2nd year transfer. I doubt I'll be able to start 3rd year in a different Uni especially that's kind of late and I know I must be pretty behind the other kids.

What you think?

EDIT: I'm doing Hospitality and Tourism, hoping to do Tourism or the same. In the last 2 years, I've been getting. Few Ds, mostly Bs and a couple of As here and there. And yea, I'm one of the few people who've actually read the the entire core books. I know my ****
You'll have to go through UCAS again, so contact the universities that interest you and ask them if they'd consider you for a transfer, then you can work on your application, focusing on the good points that makes you want to move uni, don't diss your current one, just mention why you'd be happier at another uni.
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing Hospitality and Tourism, hoping to do Tourism or the same. In the last 2 years, I've been getting. Few Ds, mostly Bs and a couple of As here and there.
Well, you're obviously not finding it that easy if you're only getting a couple of As, mostly Bs and a few Ds.

But if you're not finding all that content interesting, read around the subject. The lecturers only have so much time to teach and they need to teach those with lower abilities the basic concepts you may have picked up beforehand.

Having said that, how much content can be covered in Travel and Tourism? Not that I'm having a go at the course or the degree, but how much is there to learn?
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The Business modules are the same as last year and I just feel I’m wasting time. What do you think of the possibilities of transferring universities or courses or even dropping out? My course is filled with idiots, freeloaders and *****y girls who *****, I have one guy who for the last 2 semester quite literally lived of my grades and is likely to live off it for another semester because he’s in my group for the next 4 months. It’s not his fault, he is clearly an idiot.

I feel so sad thinking about it.
I'm sure no one will stop you dropping out!

If you are so **** hot why are you getting D's in some modules? Where are you studying and where do you want to go? Have you been in touch with uni's about a transfer?

Those who excel at uni tend to take the lectures for what they are, and go and do outside reading which caters to their level of knowledge. Lectures often only teach you the stuff neccessary to pass exams.
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by DarkWhite)
Well, you're obviously not finding it that easy if you're only getting a couple of As, mostly Bs and a few Ds.

But if you're not finding all that content interesting, read around the subject. The lecturers only have so much time to teach and they need to teach those with lower abilities the basic concepts you may have picked up beforehand.

Having said that, how much content can be covered in Travel and Tourism? Not that I'm having a go at the course or the degree, but how much is there to learn?
Being completely demotivated as the OP seems to be can totally mess up with your grades, whether you feel you're challenged or not. When you're bored and don't feel challenged, you don't really put the effort into getting the grades, tbh.
Nalced
Rep:
?
(Original post by DarkWhite)

I understand the course and the Ds and Cs it's just bad luck. One was from "didn't answer question", and tough luck. Half of my assessments are practical. But I know what you mean. I have gone around the subject, it doesn't make a difference it feels, doesn't get me extra points. I just feel wasted, why do I put so much effort? why more effort? Their is a fair amount in Tourism, but not as much as you would expect.
darigan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What sort of job would you like to get when you graduate?
Nalced
Rep:
?
Something that involves travel, involves working in the Hotel-tourism world.
Nalced
Rep:
?
I'm stuck because if I change Unis. the SAAS no longer pays for my university fees?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

think I'm a brilliant applicant (534)
36.7%
are desperate for students (921)
63.3%

Watched Threads