Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magma828)
    Yes, it must have been about natural selection because it asked why it was common. I doubt they would have wanted us to ramble on about dominant alleles or anything.

I wrote that people who are exploratory and impulsive will explore their surroundings to find food, and so they can escape and hide when chased by a predator. I could have mentioned learning how to do new tasks, but I didn't know how to word it.
    I wish I'd have wrote that. I looked at it from a slightly different angle. Basically, it said "more impulsive". So I put: "more impulsive = more sex = more kids = more of these alleles."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10025)
    hiya!

what did everyone get for the question on what type of protein Rennin is and why its in small quantities??
    x
    It's an enzyme. It can be used over and over without the shape changing.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys could someone please answer how many marks do you think these would account for on the question asking the conditions that need to be kept constant i put:

oxygen concentration
    amount of moisture on filter paper
    cant remembr the last one

do you think the top two would score marks, thank you very much everyone

ReputationRep:
    KOOOOL

for that one I wrote co2 conc, light intensity and i rushed and wrote age of seed =S

But those seem fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopes)
    hey guys could someone please answer how many marks do you think these would account for on the question asking the conditions that need to be kept constant i put:

oxygen concentration
    amount of moisture on filter paper
    cant remembr the last one

do you think the top two would score marks, thank you very much everyone
    u talking about the last question on plant hormones ?

ReputationRep:
    i wish i'd wrote about light intensity and oxygen i said
    the time the seeds were left to

ReputationRep:
    sorry
    left to germinate
    the amount of treatment given
    and the amount of water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lossy1234)
    u talking about the last question on plant hormones ?
    yes mate. Do you think I'd lost many marks on the first 8 marker for not mentioning reverse transcriptase but all the key words of complimentary sticky ends, ligase, same restriction enzymes then replica plating?

ReputationRep:
    yeaa I should think so, because there are two methods of getting the gene, which is using reverse transcriptase and isolating using restriction enzyme, (which is what I put down)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10025)
    yeaa I should think so, because there are two methods of getting the gene, which is using reverse transcriptase and isolating using restriction enzyme, (which is what I put down)
    x
    ahhh i was close to tears in the exam lol! Ive got an offer for medicine which i really need to meet, need about 114ums from this exam to get an A. For the squirrel one right, i didnt mention carrying capacity and stuff but i did mention factors that can affect it such as food, space, water and that over time the resources would reduce therefore the squireels coudlnt maintain such a high population. How many marks was taht question and do you think it would suffice? thanks alot <3

ReputationRep:
    I didn't write about carrying capacity too, I started rambling on about competition and resources running out, need to get 118 ums to get an A. but I think what you wrote about food, space etc will get you marks i wrote similar stuff not sure how much marks it would get though but there may be many reasons in mark scheme, so may not be as bad as you think

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed OCR are kind!
    I quite liked that question

But one I really hated was the one asking something about 'characteristics scientists look for' .....that DRD4 bla blaaa.. something along those lines I cant even remeber

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFMT)
    I wish I'd have wrote that. I looked at it from a slightly different angle. Basically, it said "more impulsive". So I put: "more impulsive = more sex = more kids = more of these alleles."
    That's what I put. I was reading the post you quoted and was like "oh god, why did I write what I put". It made sense when I wrote it, it kind of makes sense now but it seems a weird thing to put in a biology exam, it is OCR though... I put it because I was reading some random thing about hypomania or something where people don't see consequences to actions and are impulsive and it mentioned sexually promiscuous behavior.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the "..... Component of the rainforest" which was relating to decomposers in the question where you fill in the gaps? I don't know why but didn't know what to put there but the rest were obvious.
    I was shocked that loads of people at my school didn't realise the fly had legs on it's face despite that exact example being in the textbook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10025)
    hiya!

what did everyone get for the question on what type of protein Rennin is and why its in small quantities??
    x
    Enzymes and because its reused

ReputationRep:
    does everyone think the boundaries will be around 66/100 for an A, discuss people i need to try and put my mind at ease i have chem tomorrow, love you all

ReputationRep:
    So i wrote homobox genes instead of homeobox genes.

HA

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realize it too about the fly thought they were antennas for some stupid reason , I said that the head was bigger. but yeah for the component of the forest I put waste , probably wrong just panicked

ReputationRep:
    I put the biotic component of the rainforest, and also did you put nitrogen is recycled by decomposers for the last word?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloedabell)
    What did people put for the "..... Component of the rainforest" which was relating to decomposers in the question where you fill in the gaps? I don't know why but didn't know what to put there but the rest were obvious.
    I was shocked that loads of people at my school didn't realise the fly had legs on it's face despite that exact example being in the textbook.

I think I put 'Biotic' in that gap :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.