Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hold Your Alcohol watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm not a big drinking sort guy, but do I enjoy having a couple of Magners every few weeks, and those make me happy.

Recently, I've been trying to try other things. I tried having Strongbows. I had 4 pints in about an hour, had very little to eat, and I'm fairly slim and small (53 Kg).

Feeling a bit drunk, I tried to go to sleep. After about 5 minutes of not feeling good, I felt a little drowsy, and go sick (elegantly, in the toilet though).

Are 4 pints considered a lot ? How do I 'pace' my drinking so that I don't get sick as easily ?

Help please ?

ReputationRep:
    Practice man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RATWashingM)
    Hi

I'm not a big drinking sort guy, but do I enjoy having a couple of Magners every few weeks, and those make me happy.

Recently, I've been trying to try other things. I tried having Strongbows. I had 4 pints in about an hour, had very little to eat, and I'm fairly slim and small (53 Kg).

Feeling a bit drunk, I tried to go to sleep. After about 5 minutes of not feeling good, I felt a little drowsy, and go sick (elegantly, in the toilet though).

Are 4 pints considered a lot ? How do I 'pace' my drinking so that I don't get sick as easily ?

Help please ?
    4 pints isn't a lot. It's the fact that you drunk them in an hour with little to eat. Generally, a good pacing for getting drunk off beer/cider but without the generally vomit and such is having 1 every half hour, that's probably the fastest you should drink them. When we got to the pub we drink at about 1 every 45 minutes which we find is a nice compromise between the time we can be in the pub and the amount of drunkenness we want to happen.

It's all about the pacing with beers/ciders so if you really have trouble with pacing then literally time yourself to only have one pint in every given time period.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Help please ?
    Made me chuckle

ReputationRep:
    Also, how tall are you? 8 stone isn't very much for a man to weigh.

ReputationRep:
    Lol i don't drink so not much i can say but you probably get used to drinking more nah? you learn how to handle it over time x

ReputationRep:
    Drink more. You hit the wall (toilet) my man and you need to get back on that horse and ride it until it dies. Then when it dies, flog it.

ReputationRep:
    eat more next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Drink more. You hit the wall (toilet) my man and you need to get back on that horse and ride it until it dies. Then when it dies, flog it.
    Agreed.

Remember OP when alcohol causes you to vomit it is not time to stop. Vomiting is a like a cleansing purge that empties your system of alcohol, it is your task to fill it back up again

ReputationRep:
    Don't drink pints, I'm only sick if I drink pints, not because of the alcohol, it's just to high a volume of liquid to have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theronkinator)
    Don't drink pints, I'm only sick if I drink pints, not because of the alcohol, it's just to high a volume of liquid to have.
    Is this true ? ...

I don't remember going to the loo except maybe once ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    Also, how tall are you? 8 stone isn't very much for a man to weigh.
    5'5 .. I look up to a lot of people

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Is this true ? ...

I don't remember going to the loo except maybe once ?
    It's not true, it's just how he's drinking them.

Just slow down, there's no rush. And sorry but not having anything to eat when you're going to be quick, you're a bit of an idiot really

You barely weigh anything, you're tiny, it's not going to take as much as most people for it to get to you. Start slow, and if you really really have to get pissed, speed up slowly and see how it treats you. Long as you don't go nuts, you'll be able to tell when it's got a bit much, so just stop. The way you did it, your body didn't have time to tell you to stop it, it didn't have a clue what it was dealing with.

You'll get used to what gets to you, how quickly, and how much. But you don't jump in the deep end with it, that's how you pickle your liver.

ReputationRep:
    Drink milk before or eat food with some kind of dairy. It lines your stomach so the alcohol doesn't go into as your system as fast.
    It's a bit of an urban myth but I have noticed differences after eating/drinking dairy. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    4 pints isn't much at all, although if you havn't eaten anything for a while and drank them quickly, combined with not being used to drinking that much, then it will seem like a lot.

I am similar to you in that I don't drink a lot, I probably have about 3 or 4 pints on average each week which isn't exactly a lot.

However I recently spent a week sharing a big chalet in Andorra with 20 mates and friends of friends (about 12 of them Russian) and spent pretty much the whole week drinking and can tell you that its a damn site better if you have eaten and pace yourself.

One night the drinking games must have resulted in me having about half a dozen cans of something (can't remember what beer) and about a dozen or so shots and I was OK(ish), so even if you don't drink a lot normally it can be fine to drink a lot if you have eaten and don't drink too fast.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.