Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tyres watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motoroller)
    PZero Rosso's for the Touareg :P

Nothing quite so exotic, but it does need some serious load ratings!
    I think fitting over sized tyres on something that heavy could be risky and would highly recommend seeking professional advice. I can understand why you are trying to seek cheaper tyres, they are fecking expensive, but you have to weigh up the safety aspect. If it is safe to do so then it is a no brainer, but you would be pretty annoyed if you had a blow out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    I think fitting over sized tyres on something that heavy could be risky and would highly recommend seeking professional advice. I can understand why you are trying to seek cheaper tyres, they are fecking expensive, but you have to weigh up the safety aspect. If it is safe to do so then it is a no brainer, but you would be pretty annoyed if you had a blow out...
    Yes - safety is my only concern. PZeros with 5mm tread for £30 each are too good to pass up!

ReputationRep:
    Yes - safety is my only concern. PZeros with 5mm tread for £30 each are too good to pass up!
    :jawdrop:

They are indeed!

The Jag needs 4 new tyres...over £1000! I am waiting till I really need them lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    :jawdrop:

They are indeed!

The Jag needs 4 new tyres...over £1000! I am waiting till I really need them lol!
    Try used - part-worns are much easier, you could get rossos for <£100 each with say 5-6mm left!

ReputationRep:
    Try used - part-worns are much easier, you could get rossos for <£100 each with say 5-6mm left!
    Where from?

ReputationRep:
    Urg, I don't like part worns much. I've had a couple of trailer tyres bought part worn blow out on me, yet had no such issues with new tyres. That was only at low speed too, I wouldn't want it at high speed. Be careful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Where from?
    Check the usual places - tyre shop, gumtree, ebay. But view the tyres first.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.