Turn on thread page Beta

Third of voters believe Tories are party of 'upper classes' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    A third of voters believe that the Conservatives are the party of the "upper classes", according to a new poll.

Despite David Cameron's efforts to modernise the Tories a significant chunk of the electorate still feel they represent the privileged few, the survey indicates. But the same poll found that the Tories have increased their lead over Labour to 11 points – enough to give them a narrow majority in parliament.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...r-classes.html

Wow - Even with David Cameron as the leader, people still perceive the Conservative Party as the party for the rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Wow - Even with David Cameron as the leader, people still perceive the Conservative Party as the party for the rich.
    He's not exactly Robin Hood now is he? :tongue:

But meh.. voters can think what they like, there is not going to be any real change after the election.

If the conservatives don't bring about lots of tax cuts and cuts on bureacratic useless services, they're just as bad as Labour. But then again, anything is better than another 4 years of New Labour. The party has ruined this country.

I'm voting independent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnthebaptist1)
    He's not exactly Robin Hood now is he? :tongue:

But meh.. voters can think what they like, there is not going to be any real change after the election.

If the conservatives don't bring about lots of tax cuts and cuts on bureacratic useless services, they're just as bad as Labour. But then again, anything is better than another 4 years of New Labour. The party has ruined this country.

I'm voting independent.
    Come on, its not THAT bad!

ReputationRep:
    They should have run a 'have sex with a hoody' campaign instead.

ReputationRep:
    A third of voters believe that the Conservatives are the party of the "upper classes", according to a new poll.

Despite David Cameron's efforts to modernise the Tories a significant chunk of the electorate still feel they represent the privileged few, the survey indicates. But the same poll found that the Tories have increased their lead over Labour to 11 points – enough to give them a narrow majority in parliament.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...r-classes.html

Well, there's nothing better than the Conservative Party i'm affraid. I wish there was, i really do.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Daily Mash's take on the "class-war" that Labour have been trying on (and succeeding):

MOST of the people who went to Eton are much, much better educated than most of the people who went to school in Kirkcaldy, experts said last night.
    As Gordon Brown mined a fresh seam of desperation, educationalists stressed that the parents of Etonians did not pay £30,000 a year to have a moron handed back to them......

But Tom Logan, of the Institute for Studies, said: "Old Etonians come in all shapes and sizes. For example, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall eats placenta and seems to be in love with a chicken.

"Damian Lewis and Dominic West pretend to be working class American policemen for a living while David Cameron and Zac Goldsmith are almost certainly a couple of fannies.

"But they can all point to Bangladesh on a map and construct a proper English sentence.

"Most people who went to school in Kirkcaldy can't point to Kirkcaldy on a map and communicate by grinding broken bottles into each other's faces."

He added: "If you absolutely insist on having a go at posh people then do so on the basis of their terrifyingly shallow gene pool, absurd trousers and insatiable bloodlust. Don't point out how well-educated they are."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...-200912032278/

Follow the lead of the upper classes, and maybe you could emulate their success

ReputationRep:
    What a brilliant thread for my sig to appear in.

ReputationRep:
    Labour brainwashed them good.

ReputationRep:
    Not only do some people think the conservatives are an 'upper class' party, whats even more funny is that some people actually think the labour party represents the under-privileged :rofl:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    That's great, only another 17% and this election might actually go well.

(Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    Not only do some people think the conservatives are an 'upper class' party, whats even more funny is that some people actually think the labour party represents the under-privileged :rofl:
    This. It really pisses me off when Labour continualy harp-on about this "class war", when they themselves have ignored the working class since 1997.

ReputationRep:
    And?
    They are just twits.

I am not voting for a big 3 party anyway.
    LPUK if they stand, Independent/UKIP if not (though I wish farage was still at the helm)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    And?
    They are just twits.

LPUK if they stand, Independent/UKIP if not (though I wish farage was still at the helm)
    i agree farage is the balls, he owns in europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    i agree farage is the balls, he owns in europe.
    I love how much he winds up the EU parliament :rofl:

The fact that our largest party is Eurosceptic is also wonderful!

ReputationRep:
    And?
    They are just twits.

How the **** can someone who likes LPUK be able to vote for UKIP without wanting to blow their head off on the way out of the ballot box?

BRB telling people what to wear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    This. It really pisses me off when Labour continualy harp-on about this "class war", when they themselves have ignored the working class since 1997.
    You'd think the mps from the labour party would cut their earnings down considerably so that the money they would have earned could go to people who they claim to help and represent! conservative and labour mps officially earn very similar wages for goodness sake (ignoring the expenses scandal of course :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    How the **** can someone who likes LPUK be able to vote for UKIP without wanting to blow their head off on the way out of the ballot box?

BRB telling people what to wear...
    That's one of the reason why I am not really much of a fan anymore (hence preferring it under farage). It is the sort of thing it sadden me they are bringing in. Stupid, unnecessary, and authoritarian.

But if I have no LPUK to vote for and no liberal independent to vote for who do I have left?

It a case of the lesser of quite alot of evils.

ReputationRep:
    Even with David Cameron as the leader, people still perceive the Conservative Party as the party for the rich.
    Are you trying to make out that David Cameron isn't rich?

ReputationRep:
    That's one of the reason why I am not really much of a fan anymore (hence preferring it under farage). It is the sort of thing it sadden me they are bringing in. Stupid, unnecessary, and authoritarian.

But if I have no LPUK to vote for and no liberal independent to vote for who do I have left?

It a case of the lesser of quite alot of evils.
    I dunno. Vote with a gun?

Edit - I might vote UKIP, but I'd have to get drunk first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I dunno. Vote with a gun?

Edit - I might vote UKIP, but I'd have to get drunk first.
    :rofl: tempting though it is I would like to be able to qualify, something I cannot do with a criminal record :p:

I know I won't like voting for them but they are somewhat my last resort party.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.