Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Asian Parents =Backward! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why are some asian (pakistani) parents so dam strict? My parents are always trying to control my every move bt now that i applying to university and stuff they want me to do everything their way! They are so backward and they want me to live the way that they did and it is soooo frustrating. Imagine having to come home to lectures everyday i swear down i have had enough of them!!

yeh its bad, lots of my frendz r from asian famlys nd theyr parents never let them out even afta dark nd their 17/18 :eek2: u jst gotta assert urself

ReputationRep:
    Go to uni in a different city. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    wer ur goin for uni?

ReputationRep:
    not just asian families unfort

Lol. I thought i had it bad with mine, but a pakistani muslim female probably has it a lot worse :p:

Ultimately there's little you can do to seriously escape their chokehold, other than disappear one day, because their culture and beliefs will make them attempt to dominate your life one way or another.

With Hindus there tends to be some middle ground, but i imagine this is not really present for Muslims.

Best of luck to you breaking out :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Sucks for you old girl.

ReputationRep:
    der just worried ur gonna have a lot ov sexy time

ReputationRep:
    It's because you are going to get a good education and you are going to become a doctor and then you are going to be married to a wealthy and upstanding man and you will have many children.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are cool.

They raised me with quite liberal attitudes (for an Asian family that is!) but I grew up cherishing my culture and its relatively conservative values in comparison with those of my British friends.

I suppose the more parents force an illiberal attitude down their kids' throats, the more they'll try to "break free" from it and therefore reject much else of their heritage with it.

ReputationRep:
    uni in glasgow man hw great so planin on movin away frm family as soon as i finish haha

ReputationRep:
    stneraP naisA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    stneraP naisA
    I was going to do that but the title said Asian Parents = Backward, not Asian Parents Backward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    I was going to do that but the title said Asian Parents = Backward, not Asian Parents Backward.
    Pedant. You're just jealous I got in before you :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat)
    Pedant. You're just jealous I got in before you :rofl:
    If I was then that would be impossible as I would have posted it a few hours before you.

ReputationRep:
    just apply to unis you'd have to live out for, ones that take 4+ hours to get to/from by train. You cant commute every day then

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.